Adrenaline boosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrenaline boosts?

I know we are not trying to build a better sandbox, but since this game is based more on combat, are there going to be UT2k3 type power-ups like adrenaline boosts and shield belts (or something of a similar medieval genre: i.e. Power Potion, steel chest plate, etc)?

It's more combat oriented, but it's not a total DM.
    JM

Comment

Of course... maps will be covered with adrenalin pickups. Collect enough and you can do some badass moves, like entering bullettime and doing a mad spinattack servering every person next to you. etc.

Comment

Hmm, maybe a move in which you swing your blade so fast that you create a shockwave that pushes people back.

I dislike having to gather the andrenaline as pickups though. I'd rather have a bar that slowly refills itself again when it is depleted.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
          Hmm, maybe a move in which you swing your blade so fast that you create a shockwave that pushes people back.
          heh, now we are getting kind of Street Fighter-ish. Now guards need to say "Ha-ru-kin" or "Sonic Boom" before every attack.

Comment

Maybe have the combat like Jedi Knight 2..... but I beg of you... please please please dont make the combat like Morrowind.... I dont know if I could cope...

Severance has a good sword fighting engine as well, I know its a bad control system for the game, but hey... you can make it better, surely?
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

Morrowind! Best. Game. Ever.
              I Need Training!

Comment

Pity about the combat though.

hey... you just posted, and so did I... I really need to stop, or I might turn into a crazy rat or something!
                -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                  hey... you just posted, and so did I... I really need to stop, or I might turn into a crazy rat or something!
                  Being a crazy rat is terribly underrated.

Comment

As someone else suggested, guards should be able to do a swipe of their sword with such force, that the air shockwave severs the torso of any thief within 20 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                      As someone else suggested, guards should be able to do a swipe of their sword with such force, that the air shockwave severs the torso of any thief within 20 meters.
                      20 meters?! That's insane... It probably should be different depending on what weapon you use.

Longsword - Spinning attack, damage is 75% of normal.

Mace - A single swipe so fast that it creates a small shockwave that stuns/paralyses a target for 4 seconds. Does no damage. Range is 3 meters.

Axe - An attack that cuts deeply into a target, causing massive bleeding (target takes a total of 25 damage extra (3 hp lost per second)).

Two handed sword - An attack that blocks all incoming attacks and does 150% damage.
                      (only guards can use the two handed sword, plus they can't use a shield when they use it).

Comment

There actually pretty good ideas.....

What about movement restrictions though, I wouldnt like a fast moving tank of a thief to come running up to me and 'lop my head off with an axe.....
                        -YT

Comment

OMG AND WE SHUD BEE ABEL TO TROW WEEPNS AN PINN TEEFS TOO WALS WIT DEM!!!1111

Comment

shut it rat, or you wont be able to HELP talking like that!
                            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                              shut it rat, or you wont be able to HELP talking like that!
                              OMG, ITS ALRADEY 2 LAET!!!!1111!!

Comment

Working...
                              X