Smooth attack/block transition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth attack/block transition.

I would like to see a smooth transition from attacking to blocking and back again. In TUT it seems clunky...you can block...and then you wait and wait until you can attack and by that time the other guy has chopped you up.

Same thing in Rune...You put your shield up, but that split second before you can swing again is deadly.

So, I would like to see a smooth transition from attacking to blocking and then to attack again. If it already is smooth, i've just got one thing to say: Yay.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

I don't see how you can compare NB combat to TUT combat anyway. Since Nightblade is more combat oriented, it's oughta be much more slower, less clumsy... anyway, you get the point. Getting your shield on and off shouldn't be a problem with all the ninja moves to dodge incoming attacks while you ready your sword.
    JM

Comment

I can't wait. Actually some skilled combat instead of "Throw all your flashbombs, spam all your firebolts and hit each other as much as you can until one, or both of you die".
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

It might also be fun to have to block in the direction that the attack is coming from to be sucessful. Sort of like thief 1/2 where you have to point your view at the enemy's weapon to block it.
        <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          I can't wait. Actually some skilled combat instead of "Throw all your flashbombs, spam all your firebolts and hit each other as much as you can until one, or both of you die".
          Yeah, but you KNOW it wont be long before it gets like this agian, but with new stuff.. Dalai and his crew will have to be careful we all dont get deja vou'
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
            I don't see how you can compare NB combat to TUT combat anyway. Since Nightblade is more combat oriented, it's oughta be much more slower, less clumsy... anyway, you get the point. Getting your shield on and off shouldn't be a problem with all the ninja moves to dodge incoming attacks while you ready your sword.

Rune is combat oriented too, but actual "blocking" with the shield (Rather than a lucky block as it hangs by your side) is about uselss because you can't go from blocking to attacking without leaving yourself vulnerable for, well, its not long, but its too long.
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Shield rox0r.

Comment

Rune Sux0r
                -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -YT

Comment

Yeah compared to today's games rune sucks but it was good for its time... anyway

How about being able to push or kick/pull foes off balance? That would be for people that like to block allot. Then to counter people pushing like crazy pulling them while they push will uh pull them off balance. Heck you can tie moves into that, like pulling someone off balance (only when they are pushing) then doing a horizontal slash across their mid section. Another could be pushing/kicking them off balance then either lunging at them with a sword or doing a vertical/diagonal downward cut across their chest with an axe or sword or whatever.

Um how is the melee combat system in Nightblade going be anyway?
                  :swordthi:
                  I am of the Night

Comment

Originally posted by NightSage
                    Yeah compared to today's games rune sucks but it was good for its time... anyway

How about being able to push or kick/pull foes off balance? That would be for people that like to block allot. Then to counter people pushing like crazy pulling them while they push will uh pull them off balance. Heck you can tie moves into that, like pulling someone off balance (only when they are pushing) then doing a horizontal slash across their mid section. Another could be pushing/kicking them off balance then either lunging at them with a sword or doing a vertical/diagonal downward cut across their chest with an axe or sword or whatever.

Um how is the melee combat system in Nightblade going be anyway?
                    :swordthi:
                    Meh that sounds like the force push/pull thing from jedi 2... and that was beyond annoying...

Maybe a move like a kick, to automatically kick people backwards when they're too close to you. I can allrady see some nice fights where you can use that tactic to get close to your enemy, kick them so they stumble backwards and fall off of a roof.

Comment

like in "Worms" ? ^^
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-

Maybe a move like a kick, to automatically kick people backwards when they're too close to you. I can allrady see some nice fights where you can use that tactic to get close to your enemy, kick them so they stumble backwards and fall off of a roof.
                        well in jk2 you can do that from any distance, what I was suggesting is similar but you have to take the risk of being up close and personal to do the push or pull and as I said you could only pull someone off balace if they where trying to push you. If your wondering I got the idea from this game called way of the samurai that had those moves in it..... and also countering which was called awase (pretty damn cool thing if you got the timing down right)
                        I am of the Night

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                          like in "Worms" ? ^^
                          Good idea!

I call montion to include dynamite, jetpacks and a concrete donkey as well as several language packs in NB.
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                          X