Guards in Guild War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guards in Guild War

I'd like for players in the Guild War gametype to have the option of playing guards. The guards wouldn't be able to win the round, obviously, and nobody would be forced to play guards if they didn't select it, but it would be an option for those interested.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

So they'd be an "interferance" player? Could be fun...
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

So'd they be overpowered rat's who with no real objectiv but to kill thieves.... And they could easily team up with one guild guarding their base....

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, but how could you make it work? MB's right, they would have no real porpose apart from to hinder one side or the other... thats pretty pointless. Furthermore, MB's right again... what if Mad Gerbal is a thief guy, and another RLF member... say Virus was on guards... The carnage that would follow would be unspeakable! :twisted:
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Another twist on that could be when a thief dies with no life in the life pool left, they thief be given the option to become a guard of sorts. As that unto itself would have balance issues, I would add that they themselves would not have any offensive capability, but have the power to command the AI around, as they do in thievery. As they have no offensive capability, they should be immune to thief attacks (they have some really nice armor). AI might also remain under a particular guards orders while the guard is still within the visible range of that guard. When outside of visible range, AI can be commanded by anyone.

Disclaimer: If this shows lack of knowledge of the game, that would be because I have a lack of knowledge of the game.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

And who would that particular thief be helping then?... That's right. His own team.
            And making him immun to attacks, uncapable of attacking and limited to ordering ai's around would just be.... sIlly

Comment

I like the idea of interference player. But only when each time has over 2 players. Not much fun when theres only one thief and a guard.

Comment

I doubt this will work in public games -- people are lame and far too willing to abuse it. I just want a serverside option to enable it for private games and servers.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                  And who would that particular thief be helping then?... That's right. His own team.
                  And making him immun to attacks, uncapable of attacking and limited to ordering ai's around would just be.... sIlly
                  Helping his own team is the idea. Might be silly, though I am curious as to how it might play out. It is diferent to say the least. The idea is to have player otherwise out have the option of helping their team, instead of specing, by manipulating the enviroment in his own teams favor. Of course, the other team would have the ability to do the same. As they are non-combatants, the type of struggle would unique in the fps world to my knowledge. The primary reason for the non-combative nature here is how quickly this could degenerate otherwise (as already mentioned). Having no defence, attack-immunity almost becomes a requirement.
                  Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                  Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

what if you could with your team buy/bribe a guard to work for you, that guard would then not have the ability to do team damage but would be able to see his " new teamates" alot like the old merc guild. and if the guard was being lame his team could kill him/ fire him and he becomes a spectator. that would work

the reason for buying/ bribing a guard for your team would be to use as well guards for your stash. or hunters with beter armor or somthing.. i came up with an idea you guys take it from there
                    An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

I actually think that's a pretty good idea, assassin.

Comment

Good one. i like it.

Uh-oh: problem:

If you have a bribed guard, and he gets all his AI buddies to follow him, then now you have an AI barricade to whatever thief guilds stash. Very unfair.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Not a problem: pay them more!

In fact, pay them to attack the other thief team when they come back! :twisted:

Comment

or you could make the ai un movable by the human guards. so they retain the obstacle for the thieves aspect the human guards just get immunity to them. so you have merc guards and normal AI then the 2 theif guilds this could add to the overall effect of 2 major guilds fighting which in "real life" it would include most of the city anyway the guilds would recruit assassins ( no pun intended 8) ) to kill members/ leaders enemy guild...
                            An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

how bout each guild having their own guards?
                              My leet Thievery Map
                              My leet UT3 Map
                              My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
                              X