Death Messages!!1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Messages!!1!

I seem to recall mentioning this in the TUT suggestion forum, but someone sat on it, and now I can't find it.

Anyway, if kills are announced to the entire server (As they realistically should be, as killing someone is a LOT louder than BJing, which isn't shown ) in NB, then they MUST HAVE QUIRKY KILL MESSAGES.

Alright, see, here we go: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=1024 is the old thread. Everyone agrees that it should be included!
    Last edited by Hybrid; 25th May 2008, 01:08 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Agreed.

Comment

Maybe the best player on the winning team should get to have a sentence that comes up on everyones screen at the end of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpsonsChristmasBoogie
        Maybe the best player on the winning team should get to have a sentence that comes up on everyones screen at the end of the match.
        We tend to call it a chat mesage...

Comment

How about, the name of the best player will appear all over your screen, with the words: YOU HAV3 AL BIN PANWWWED BAI ____________________ appearing all over the screen, untill they cover it, and your computer reboots.

Comment

x has been firespammed by x

x was Dmed by x

x was BJ whored by x

x fell victim to x`s lame invis/catfall/speed combo

x was lag-KOed by x

hrhr :lol: :lol:

this would make flaming redundant too :grin:
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

We need more awards too. Both combat based and stealth based offcourse.

Maybe also include more 'bad' awards, like the guardbait one.

Anyway:

Combat awards

Blademaster- Killed the most opponents with the sword. Score +100

Berserker- Killed the most opponents with the axe. Score +100

Barbarian- Killed the most opponents with the mace. Score +100

Blackjack whore- KO'd the most opponents with the blackjack. Score +100

Executioner- Decapitated the most people. Score +150

MARIO!- Killed/KO'd most people by falling on them. Score +250

Bloodlust- Most damage done. Score +150

Thiefsbane- Killed the most thieves. Score +150

Guardsbane- Ditto, but guards. Score +100

Hunter- Killed the most people with the crossbow. Score +150

Arsenist- Burned the most people to death. Score +100

More awards depending on arrow/bolt type kills here

Trapper- Killed the most people by using traps. Score +150

Eagle eye- Highest accuracy with ranged weapons. Score +150

Sure shot- Every ranged attack hit the target. Score +250

Sniper- Killed most people with a single shot to the back. Score +250

Stealth awards

Shadow lurker- Spent most time in shadows, being invisible. Score +150

Ghost- No AI guards ever heard or saw you. Score +250

Fat Cat- Gathered most loot. Score +250

Five finger discount- Gathered most objective items. Score +250

Escape Artist- Been chased by AI's the most, but was never caught (killed). Score +250

BAD awards You don't want these!

Guardbait- Killed by AI guards the most. Score -100

Prey- Killed by other players the most. Score -100

Punching bag- Took the most damage. Score -100

One-eyed Pete- Lowest ranged accuracy. Score -100

Slippery feet- Cratered the most. Score -100

Drunk- Lowest accuracy with melee weapons. Score -100

Pincussion- Took the most damage by bolts/arrows. Score -100

Crack monkey- You were cracked the most. Score -100

Addict- Used the most health potions. Score -100

Walking target- Time spent out of shadows the most. Score -100

RANDOM OTHER AWARDS

Gourmet- Ate the most food. +50

Exterminator- Killed the most creatures (spiders?). +50

Master thief- Player with highest score gets his name displayed in gold. Only thieves can become master thief ofcourse.

Comment

Schleicher:

You forgot: "x was d/c by the all powerful server"
                Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  We need more awards too. Both combat based and stealth based offcourse.

Maybe also include more 'bad' awards, like the guardbait one.
                  When there are already so many people ignoring teamwork ingame to try and get the shiniest score possible, adding MORE factors to a personal score that's already meaningless seems a bad idea. It only encourages more showboating and ignoring teamplay. I hope NightBlade won't even have personal scores.

The score adds suggested here are way too high, in any event.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    When there are already so many people ignoring teamwork ingame to try and get the shiniest score possible, adding MORE factors to a personal score that's already meaningless seems a bad idea. It only encourages more showboating and ignoring teamplay. I hope NightBlade won't even have personal scores.
                    I don't like the idea of personal scores, but I wouldn't mind statistics.
                    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                      I don't like the idea of personal scores, but I wouldn't mind statistics.
                      Good point. Rats likes the stats.

Comment

As part of the reallistic/immersivnes that Nightblade intends to create there will be no:
                        Death/knockout Messages
                        Score list
                        Post Game Carnage Report

Ontop of that for further immersivness the option to chat has been removed. Real taffers use handsigns to communicate as to make as little noise as possible.

Lastly, the current HUD you have seen in a few screenshot is only meant for debugging. In the final version the hud will only contain a lightgem, compass and weapon images without any ammo count (No taffer would be able to count all those bolts anyway... You just fire till you run out).
                        So among others the healthbar will be removed since we don't believe it's very reallistic to have life O meter that shows have much damage you can take.

In the end we will have a realistic game that relays on sound and and graphics in the world to inform the player of whats going on.

Comment

I hereby claim the copyright for "!!1!" I'll be expecting checks from both Salsa and Garslisk within the week. Thankyou!!1! ™

Comment

*Thief1 walks up to thief2*

*In sign language*

Thief 1 says: "Baby, dingle squat palooza?"

Thief 2 says: "Use your other hand idiot, that one has no fingers."

Thief 1 says: "Oh, I was just checking if I was hurt or not. Cya later."

Ya, sounds realistic.

The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                              As part of the reallistic/immersivnes that Nightblade
                              In the final version the hud will only contain a lightgem, compass and weapon images without any ammo count (No taffer would be able to count all those bolts anyway... You just fire till you run out).
                              So among others the healthbar will be removed since we don't believe it's very reallistic to have life O meter that shows have much damage you can take.
                              Will we at least have some sort of health & ammo indicators, if not a count? Because I'd have to say that having no idea how much ammo you have left or how injured you are is much less realistic than having meters.

If I'm mostly dead, I should definitely know that I'm more beat up than if I just happened to catch a crossbow bolt in the arm. And with a quick glance at my quiver, I should know if I've got "some" or "a lot" of arrows/bolts left.

~Spook
                              I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
                              ~ Lord Byron

Comment

Working...
                              X