Experience System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience System

how about adding some sort of experince system to the RPG-(Story?-)Modus...

u could get experience with learning by doing..if ure ghosting u get ghosting experience...if ure using melee u get melee experience and so on...

when gaining a level in ghosting it could lower ur general visibility...lets say a "level 1 ghoster" would be visible 50 percent in some spot whilst the "level 2 ghoster" would be visible 40 percent - sword skill would gain u faster, more stronger attacks, better blocking or combos...same with archery...

as there are already end-game stats for blackjacking, sniping and stealth in TUT that wouldnt be a problem to implement (i think)...and because its a mode where u play only against AI that wouldnt be a balance issue either - simply making AI stronger for stronger Characters would do it....

Happy flaming
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Nah, that would be unfair to newbies. Plus people would hack the system and become uber powerfull. I don't like it.

Maybe there should be some data profile on players though, so it records how many KO's you've made or whether you ghost alot. Also how much time you play and stuff. But it shouldn't have impact on the gameplay.

Comment

isnt the quest mode a coop-like game? Im aware of the fact that higher level players would have an advantage...but if its in a coop-like Gametype where u team up, whats the problem? Hrhr and i have still the illusion that there are players out there which dont hack and cheat everything they come across . Maybe the Exp-Data could be stored server-side, dunno...that little information shouldnt take away much space...
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

Yes, Quest mode will have character improvement stuffs in.

Comment

\o/

Comment

there is an rpg mod out there for invasion, i've played it you gain xp to buy power ups and stats
            An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

yeah i've played that mutator, i would have suggested something like it but i couldn't think of any status to improve because after a while it would make the game too easy and new people getting on wouldn't have any fun if the others did everything. it would be best if status were reset every 15 maps or so, maybe have a maxium of 7-10 stats points per skill instead of getting unlimited levles like in the rgp mutator.
              This is my cool sig.

Comment

yeah, i know, it was unbareable because some guy was like lvl 600 with like 42000 hit points he was unstopable

Comment

unstoppable? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
                    unstoppable? Where?
                    Sadly, in the TSG forums recently, as well as IRC and my email.

Comment

oh you know you like it ...

Comment

lol, assassin i found out that my little bro is at level 800 something and all the other ppl in the server asked him just to watch and not kill
                        This is my cool sig.

Comment

That's cause your little brother is a looooooooooooooser with no liiiiiiiiiiiife!

Hehe, just kidding Okih.

(Or am I?) :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                            Hehe, just kidding Okih.
                            spamslayer actually. he got ut2k3 for his b-day
                            This is my cool sig.

Comment

Working...
                            X