Button to look behind you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button to look behind you

in some situations, wouldnt it be nice to be able to look behind u while running away from something? This is featured in Ghotic and i found it somewhat useful...although u cant strafe arrows while doing it =p
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

What are you? Lazy? Too much trouble to move your mouse around?

Comment

Originally posted by طmega
      Only problem is, in Thievery, and I assume the same for NB, you run slower when running backwards.

Comment

Nobody is capable of turning they're head 180degrees anyway... On top of that the player is wearing a hood, which makes it even harder to look backward.
        The only game which i used features like this was in Operation Flashpoint, mainly when laying in a bush in stealthmode and i didn't want to turn my whole body to expose it.... This shouldn't really be an issue in nightblade, so...

Comment

Originally posted by طmega
          exactly what i thought
          This is my cool sig.

Comment

Do what I do. Jump and pull a 360 in mid-air, and you can keep the same speed. Takes a while to learn though, and you have to have keen eyes and quick processing to take the situation in that fast.
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

also makes some noise
              "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
              Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                Do what I do. Jump and pull a 360 in mid-air, and you can keep the same speed. Takes a while to learn though, and you have to have keen eyes and quick processing to take the situation in that fast.
                I am equiped with a cyberdine model 101 neural net processer!
                ~TuF~

Comment

also slows you down when you land. If the guards were close, they are closer now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                    I am equiped with a cyberdine model 101 neural net processer!
                    You mean they droped the 100 series? DUH! I had big hopes for that, well I guess the 101 comes with more godies...

A look back buttom would be complicated to learn, cause the player would just look behind and not being able to fire or do anything.

Maybe you could change your idea a bit and instead of a look back buttom a command that makes automaticaly spins you 180.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
                      Maybe you could change your idea a bit and instead of a look back buttom a command that makes automaticaly spins you 180.
                      That would be lazyness... And annoying. Doubt anyone would use it.

Comment

Maybe it could turn the view 90 degrees or so, and slightly tilt it.

Comment

this would be unbalanced... it would make camping 10-fold easier... :twisted:
                          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                          -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                            Nobody is capable of turning they're head 180degrees anyway
                            LMAO that actually made me laugh out loud. :lol:
                            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Kriminal
                              also slows you down when you land. If the guards were close, they are closer now.
                              It doesn't matter in most situations, since thieves are faster than gaurds anyways.
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X