Arena Gametype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Gametype

How would you like Arena Gametype to be? Either 1 on 1 and gladiator style?(the winner challenges another and the fight goes on until there's only one left standing ) or chaotic DM free for all? Or many small teams(4 2member parties)? Or all the above?
    One on One LastManStanding
    0%
    Chaotic DM
    0%
    Small Teams
    0%
    Other? Write ....
    0%
    Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

One on One for sure.
    But the winner should not be able to pick his next fight. The computer should do so. ( else some people will never be able to fight, and others all the time )
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I have one simple question ...

If you, Joker, are an AI Coder, how would you code the AI for this Arena gametype? :?

How would you like Arena Gametype to be?
      Nonexistant?

(doh! Is that two questions? ... doh!)
      No Linux, No Choice.
      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Yes at one on one all players will play at least once and the best player will play most rounds, but it will be short rounds anyway(2 mins at most)
        Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Don't mind that . AI is my main work.

Comment

Jokers an AI that codes stuff. Not a coder that codes AI.

Arena... Mortal Kombat style. With blood, special moves and fatalities!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
              OK! I was just pointing out the irony in it.
              No Linux, No Choice.
              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
                can you tell me(us) something more about AI in nightblade? Will it be standard AI or will it have some real AI features (Neural networks, Multiagent systems) ?

The reason I am asking is that I am currently developing a Multiagent bots (I am studiing AI www.ai-cit.sk) and the more informations, the better

Also you are working with ElJoelio, aren't you ?

Comment

Neural networks??!! , Multiagent systems?! What the heck is that? So I guess standard AI is the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder

Nail, hit, on, head.

Good call.
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                      Originally posted by Master-Builder

Nail, hit, on, head.

Good call.
                      sounds good.

Comment

Special moves? Fatalities? That would require way to much work for just a gametype

Comment

Plus it will be some kind of "who can do the best moves " challenge :|
                          Nope, I still prefer my idea, simple and clean 1 vs 1 fights without too much chipchaps arround.
                          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I'm now implementing 1 on 1, but there will be options later for small groups. But can I get more votes here?

Comment

In my opinion, as well as the standard 1 on 1 stuff I think you guys should do something similar to Rune's 3 gametypes. I can't believe how similar Rune is to this mod, and that's why I'm pretty excited about it. (I'm a big fan of Thief and Rune, so double whammy!) It's even on a later generation of the same engine as Rune.

Anyway, these three gametypes are DM, Team DM and CTT (Capture the torch, CTF variant with torches). These have a lot of players in (up to 16) and are a whole lot of fun to play. With crossbows and such that are in the mod they could be great gametypes for the mod too.

Comment

Working...
                              X