Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT2k3/Karma engines allow objects to react?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will UT2k3/Karma engines allow objects to react?

Stronghold, catapult..... Chest goes on, hit the switch! break chest, goes nowhere...FAIL

Will objects be able to react based on actions around it in the new game? I'd like to see maps where flinging rocks, live players, and other items (cups, bowls, etc) from a catapult will actually fling it over and if the object has enough mass, actually cause damage if it connects with something or somebody.

Just think, you are a guard and see a thief playing around in the shadows, you send over a bail of flaming hay and blamo he lights up like an xmas tree.

Or you, the sneaky thief, hijacks a catapult by KOing the guard, load up a rock and start pelting the guards in the field, and breaking their barracks.

Perhaps also allowing pushing of said catapult units, provided it has wheels. get behind it and push like the big steel crates

Nope, Karma in UT2k3 is only used for singleplayer maps or for clientside, non-interactive effects like ragdolls.

Comment

Hmm...I guess the real question I'm asking is:
      "Can these ideas work in Night blade?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kriminal
        Hmm...I guess the real question I'm asking is:
        "Can these ideas work in Night blade?"
        No...

Comment

What about dropping things like crates and bricks from high places to hurt/kill your enemies? What about miscellaneous items like butcher knives?
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

did you guys ever check out that exion mod? www.ut2003hq.com (you can get it there if your interested)
            I am of the Night

Comment

It's possible to do thing like falling crates hurting people, but I'd say it would be done by normal unreal physics rather than karma.

Hmm, that Exion mod sounds interesting.. having karma objects working over a netgame. I notice it says the amount of network traffic often makes it unplayable though. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X