At Mr Spook's request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Mr Spook's request...

This forum has been set up to discuss ideas for Nightblade maps, customisations and to ask questions about UEd3.

I could look into releasing a texture and static mesh pack too, if there's interest...

*harumph* when I suggested it I was told there was no need for one!

Seriously though...I don't think you've mentioned to anyone considering making a map yet:

DO NOT use any textures or meshes from ANY of the bonus packs.

This is because it makes people download and install bonus packs just to play NightBlade.

Thankyou
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
      *harumph* when I suggested it I was told there was no need for one!

Seriously though...I don't think you've mentioned to anyone considering making a map yet:

This is because it makes people download and install bonus packs just to play NightBlade.

Thankyou
      Every time you use a texture from a bonus pack, god kills a kitten. And Dalai likes cats. So don't do it!
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Every time you use a static mesh from a bonus pack, Dalai kills a mapper.

Comment

Damn, I'm at work and I know someone will post that pic before I can get home! Woe is me!
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
            Every time you use a static mesh from a bonus pack, Dalai kills a mapper.
            As Dalai looks around for the first volunteer everyone but MB takes one step backwards...

Sorry, pal, glad to see you're willing to take one for the team
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
              I could look into releasing a texture and static mesh pack too, if there's interest...
              I'm shocked that nobody jumped on this statement right way!

That would be awesome. It would be nice to have some stuff to start playing with in addition to the static meshes and textures that I'm already working on making myself.

I'd also be into donating any of them I make to the cause, if there's interest.

Here's a couple screens of my second static mesh I've ever made. [the first was a crate. oooh... hard to model cube! =P]

http://www.hexed.net/mapping/GasLightFull01.jpg

http://www.hexed.net/mapping/GasLightHead01.jpg

I'd say it's 90% done at this point. Still refining the material I had to make for the glass a bit and I need to re-export it from Max because of a couple minor changes.

~Spook

[note: there's also a "thievery version" without the transparency and stuff]
              I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
              ~ Lord Byron

Comment

Looks nice... Are you sure it really is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
                  What counts as a bonus pack?
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                    What counts as a bonus pack?
                    http://unrealtournament2003.com/downloads.php#Addon

Comment

Originally posted by طmega
                      Looks nice... Are you sure it really is yours?
                      Very much so. Entirely built and textured from scratch.

The only thing I didn't create is the particle effect flame in the screens.

So there!

~Spook
                      I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
                      ~ Lord Byron

Comment

So.....dalai likes cats is that why the fourms are Black Cat Fourms?
                        I wanna make a map too i think i can make an ok map lol
                        SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

So Dalai like cats huh? :wink: I have 4 of them myself. Have loved cats for years, and one of them, is a wild one I have tamed, he was a wild kitten. Puuuurrrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Spook
                            Very much so. Entirely built and textured from scratch.

The only thing I didn't create is the particle effect flame in the screens.

So there!

~Spook
                            I asked because you were also the person who told people at the Thief 3 forum that you actually played it at E3. You lied about it, why shouldn't lie about this?

Comment

Originally posted by طmega
                              I asked because you were also the person who told people at the Thief 3 forum that you actually played it at E3. You lied about it, why shouldn't lie about this?
                              Excuse you?

I *did* play it at E3. With their crappy X-Box controllers they had set up to demo it with. And I've never posted to the Thief 3 forums in my life. I mentioned it in the Thievery forums, though.

Where the hell did you get this false notion that I lied about it?

~Spook
                              ~ Lord Byron

Comment

Working...
                              X