Bump Mapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Mapping?

Does anyone know if there is the ability to do bump mapping in UED3? And if so, how is it done? I'm not seeing any reference to it anywhere, but it would seem dumb for them not to have put that in.

~S
    I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
    ~ Lord Byron

Bumpmapping: No
    Texture shading: Yes

Comment

what is texture shading?
      does it provide bump-mapping like results?
      is it something done in photoshop et-al, and will it thus require graphics wizards to do?
      if yes to the above: will some graphics wizard make a top class texture pack to use for nightblade levels?

cheers

furunculus

Comment

what is bump mapping and texture shading? I've heard Texture shading explained before..but..it's like every pixel is shaded?
        GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

The short answer for Bump Mapping is that a second texture [that's not seen] is associated with the original texture and it's used to give the illusion of relief. It's used in 3D programs to make orange peels appear pitted and concrete appear rough. Stuff like that.

To the best of my knowledge it's always a grayscale image. For example, you'd have your regular texture of a brick wall and then your bump map which would would be a greyscale version of that texture that's made more contrasty. It would probably have black lines in-between the bricks and grey speckling on the bricks. The darker the areas of the bump map, the deeper into the texture they'll appear and the lighter, the more they'll appear to stick out towards the viewer.

Anyone else want to give the lecture on Texture Shading? I'm more or less completely inexpeienced with it.

~Spook
          I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
          ~ Lord Byron

Comment

what is texture shading?
            -does it provide bump-mapping like results?
            -is it something done in photoshop et-al, and will it thus require graphics wizards to do?
            -if yes to the above: will some graphics wizard make a top class texture pack to use for nightblade levels?

Comment

Texture shading is basically mixing textures togheter with different effects. It's not bumpmapping.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Shader

As you see the main options for you to change are:
              Diffuse (Base texture)
              Detail
              Opacity
              SelfIllumination
              SelfIlluminationMask
              Specular
              SpecularityMask

Ontop of this there is a bunch of effects and settings for the textures you set to these. You can for example give a texture movement if you like.

Ontop of the shaders it's possible to add envoriment maps and cubemaps.

Comment

cheers

Comment

This may or may not also help you: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Detail_Texture
                  "Crack the panel!"
                  "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Working...
                  X