Regarding UT2k4....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding UT2k4....

There are going to be vehicles in UT2k4, but the rest of the engine is going to be the same I suppose. I;m not sure if this is whats needed, but is it possible to make moving carriages that don't necessarily involve the game play but could be a atmospherical item that thieves could pull over and rob and make it stop.

To clarify,
    Imagine you and your thief buddy's are required to steal a bunch of loot from an estate while there is a big party going on in the upper ballroom. Through the main gate there are carriages coming in with wealthy NPC people on them, who have lots of loot on them. They roll in and while they are in their carriages, the loot is also there, but if you don't attack their carriage, and they get to the party and get out, then the loot goes with them. In the mean time, the guard team has the job of protecting the people at the party, as well as the estate loot. So if a guard didn't properly protect a carriage as it slowly rolled in, the thieves could attack it and take the loot to add to their loot objective.

Would the vehicles in Ut2k4 be required for this or could this be done with ut2k3?

Vehicles are possible in straight UT2003. But a lot of scripting has to be done to get them to work properly, and they are low priority. Plus horses are next to impossible to model well, let alone animate.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

well there seems to be engines and generators in Thievery so I wasn't thinking horses, but some sort of small engine motorvehicle made to look carriage-ish... basically just look like ghost horses are pulling it, just for the effect.

Comment

Too damm hard IMO to implement
        Feel the power of the

Comment

We could have a alchohol-powered car. Then we wouldn't even have to write vehicle code - the guards would just drink all the beer, I'm sure.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

Get real...
            In TUT there was crate surfing... A quick way of getting around and down form buildings.

Nightblade has taken it a step further... May i present: "The Hover-Crate"

This magically empowered crate hovers aprox. 1.2 feet over the ground, and by tilting it in a direction it will start moving in the given direction at a speed relativ to the tilt.
            When moving at hispeed, one false move could send a player flying off the crate to his death, and should you hit an object the crate will stop instantly, sending a player flying off at a speed relativ to the one he was travling at... This will most likey result in fatal injurys or more likely death.
            Having said that, with proper training you will soon be zooming across maps in an instant, while chopping off heads of the helpless guards that never even saw it coming.

The Hover-Crate.... Fun for the whole familiy.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              "The Hover-Crate"
              Feel the power of the

Comment

I still hate crates MB. They are un-natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
                  I still hate crates MB. They are un-natural.

And they still hate you. :wink:

So you had better start running while you can still outrun them...

Comment

What are you going to do? Run me over with them?

Craticular homicide. Whos the real criminal here? The thief or the murderer?

Long live the pagan order {VoC}

Comment

What are you going to do? Run me over with them?

Craticular homicide. Whos the real criminal here? The thief or the murderer?

The crate?
                      It seems to have a will of its own :grin:
                      Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Yes they do! Infact... heres the back story on this.

I was thieving bourg against really difficult odds(yet I was doing quite well and was confident I could win). There were a lot of human guard and as always only a few thieves. If I remember correctly one had already died so it was me and one other thief.

MB was guarding.. and had a bunch of crates in the attic blocking the window. I was moving the crates out of the way by frobbing them and throwing them aside, when one of them bugged and caused me to fall through the floor and crater somewhere.

Thats right.. killed by a crate.

So thus I've started the Pagan movement {VoC} Victim of Crate.

So far i'm the only member... but considering my opposition only has one member (plus the damned crates) I'd say i'm doing fine!

Comment

So thus I've started the Pagan movement {VoC} Victim of Crate.

So far i'm the only member... but considering my opposition only has one member (plus the damned crates) I'd say i'm doing fine!
                          Trust me... VoC has a LOT of anonomys members...

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                            Trust me... VoC has a LOT of anonomys members...
                            *trying to figure out if thats good or bad*

Comment

Actually im being unfair Thievery already had a "mobile unit". http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=985
                              Perhaps upgrading to UT2k3 will not be that dificult after all
                              Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                              X