civilians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civilians?

is it planned that AI civilians would feature in Nightblade guild-war maps? nothing complex, and not necesarily many of them, but a few that would scarper and raise the alarm if they saw a thief?

cheers

The AI guards like in TUT will be in it right? We should have an AI guard master with 2 bastards swords and a HP 250 and an amulet of the zodiac and a THACO of -10 and a.....
    GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

is that a serious reply to someone elses thread, or a piss-take in mine?

Comment

Quite a few tut maps have civilians or neutral npc's hanging around... So it's quite possible it should be doable in NB to...

Comment

Originally posted by furunculus
          is that a serious reply to someone elses thread, or a piss-take in mine?

no, it's not a serious reply. I'm just wondering if there will be AI guards in NB like there are in TUT.
          GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
            Quite a few tut maps have civilians or neutral npc's hanging around...
            but they are quite useless, usually sleeping or running into fire places.

They need more color, and not to look like guards. Perhaps some different hair styles/colors, different expression levels. Some might get tough till you whack em once, then they get scared. And have it so when they scream, the AI runs over to them and they also stick behind the AI or hide, not run circles in the hall way right in front of you.

Also, idle conversations among one or more NPC's, or AI and NPC's. Talking to themselves, whistling, etc. And if possible, Communcation interaction with human guards.

Guard: "Where'd He Go!"
            NPC: "He went through the window!"
            or
            NPC: "He ran out already"
            or
            NPC: "He's still in the room!"
            or simply
            NPC: "I..I'm not sure"

Or just have it that when a guard arrives, the NPC just says it.

Might take a little work, but since all the guard messages are canned messages anyway, it should be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              Quite a few tut maps have civilians or neutral npc's hanging around... So it's quite possible it should be doable in NB to...
              cheers, i guess its only necessary to concentrate on giving them character then?

Comment

Yes, we need conversations!

NPC: Hello there!
                NPC 2: How're ya doin?
                NPC: ...
                NPC 2: Hello there!
                NPC: How's it going?
                *thief puts an arrow into NPC 2's back*

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                  Yes, we need conversations!

NPC 2: How're ya doin?
                  NPC: ...
                  NPC 2: Hello there!
                  NPC: How's it going?
                  *thief puts an arrow into NPC 2's back*
                  Double U Tee Eff mate?

Comment

Charicters like Lord Gerome and Lord Alfonso are NPCs in the game already..... the guards usually kill them if the game drags.... I forsee the same in NPCs are put into NB :|
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

Working...
                    X