Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Idea: Zone looted announcement

Zone Looted Announcements!

Nothing is worse than playing with a team of highly skilled thieves, that all go after the same loot points. Or than wasting a life trying to get in to one, when it has already been looted. It would be kosher for thieves to say "Loki's Top floor looted" or something but that takes too long in a game where the thief must keep moving, so i think maybe if an automatic message came up on each thieves screen saying "scepter looted", "lyre looted", "Main gallery looted" so that we know if its been looted. Or maybe on the automap, it could show up diff color.

Now obviously when a thief dies, the loot would return, in which case all the looted areas by that thief would return to normal until relooted. If no loot respawned in that area, then it would turn a diff color after a thief walks into that zone or something. just some sort of easy way to allow other thieves to know where not to loot.

It's easy to do that now simply by saying "looted" or the like. If you whisper it, Thievery will display the location you whispered it from. The problem is that most maps aren't zoned well, and so it's not reliable.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
      It's easy to do that now simply by saying "looted" or the like. If you whisper it, Thievery will display the location you whispered it from. The problem is that most maps aren't zoned well, and so it's not reliable.
      hehe yea after I thought about it, i was thinking the same thing. I guess if the zones were properly done, a lot of things would be easier, like "Thief Here" and "Need Backup". Is zoning going to be more useful in Nightblade? i hear you can use a zone actor or something to make things easier. I think master-builder was saying something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
        I think master-builder was saying something about it.
        Originally posted by Master-Builder
        for further immersivness the option to chat has been removed. Real taffers use handsigns to communicate as to make as little noise as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriminal
          i hear you can use a zone actor or something to make things easier. I think master-builder was saying something about it.
          The zone actor does not make things easier, it's necessary.

But hey, it's actually pretty easy to zone a map.
          JM

Comment

TUT mainly used zones for name giving, altough there was a made an actor that could be placed and would do the same.... For whatever reason some mappers didn't even bother to name the zones altough it would be be fast and easy.

Ut2003 is even more precise due to "Volumes" Are volume is basically a BSP brush that is made by the normal builder brush. It can do all the lotcation specific stuff that was normally done by zones, including LocationID.
            So basically you just place a brush over an area, make a volume and change the location name for it... There... done.
            Precise.

Comment

Rest Assured, EVERY area in my map has a unique name.... so don't worry your pretty little heads about it.

-Looks down over the crowd and smiles lovingly-
              ~TuF~

Comment

loot anouncements? Not a good idea in my opinion. It takes a little trickery and intrigue away from guarding. Thieves should have to guess if they are too lazy to ask whats been looted already.

So once again... I'm against it.

Comment

Working...
                X