No announcement yet.

Secondary attacks based on your weapon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary attacks based on your weapon.

Will it be possible to throw weapons?

I'm thinking about the axe here. It'd be really neat to use the axe as a (short) ranged weapon as a secondary attack (needs to be charged like the TUT mace). Maybe even make it a move you can only do by using some andrenaline (I thought that was in, right?).

When I watched the trailer, I noticed that the axe attacks with an overhead swing, where as the swords have a broad swipe. This'll make the axe the weapon of choice for vets, unless it hinders movement too much offcourse. The throwing function would retain the "only for people who now how to aim" feel and still offer some versatility to this weapon.

When you have thrown your axe, you're basically left defenseless, so it should do plenty of damage. Also, only you can pick up your own axe offcourse. Maybe have it stick into walls, that'd be cool.

As for the sword, It has a wide swipe. Maybe add some diversity by having the swipe move in a different direction depending on which way you are moving? I know you guys were trying to implement this, just refreshing your minds.

A secondary move for the sword could be the whirlwind attack. Basically you just charge up the sword, and when you unleash your charge you spin around in a full 360 degree circle, damageing everyone close to you.

As for the mace... I'm guessing this is some sort of a sword/axe hybrid weapon.
    A good secondary attack could be a hammerfall. You charge up your mace, then pound on the floor with a force so strong, you temporarely stun and pushback any enemies around you (excluding guards).

There also should be a penalty for charging up your weapon. Like your walking speed is cut into half. To avoid people spamming charged attacks in battle. This would make those secondary moves good finishers and starter moves, but less effective to use mid battle (unless you're a pro).

Mo Mo Mo Mo Mo Mo Monster Post!!!!!
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
      Mo Mo Mo Mo Mo Mo Monster Post!!!!!
      ditto
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

You are the winnar!!!
        ~TuF~

Comment

Sue me. I'm lagging like a mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            A secondary move for the sword could be the whirlwind attack. Basically you just charge up the sword, and when you unleash your charge you spin around in a full 360 degree circle, damageing everyone close to you.
            Oh yea just like Link in the Zelda games ... that move would obviously mean double damage dealt

Comment

Virus, virus, always the deathmatcher... :joking

Will it be possible to throw weapons?

I'm thinking about the axe here. It'd be really neat to use the axe as a (short) ranged weapon as a secondary attack (needs to be charged like the TUT mace). Maybe even make it a move you can only do by using some andrenaline (I thought that was in, right?).

When I watched the trailer, I noticed that the axe attacks with an overhead swing, where as the swords have a broad swipe. This'll make the axe the weapon of choice for vets, unless it hinders movement too much offcourse. The throwing function would retain the "only for people who now how to aim" feel and still offer some versatility to this weapon.

When you have thrown your axe, you're basically left defenseless, so it should do plenty of damage. Also, only you can pick up your own axe offcourse. Maybe have it stick into walls, that'd be cool.
              You don't throw broad axes. That's just not cool man, mmkay? You throw little throwing axes, because they are properly balanced for throwing. They are also really damn expensive to make.

As for the sword, It has a wide swipe. Maybe add some diversity by having the swipe move in a different direction depending on which way you are moving? I know you guys were trying to implement this, just refreshing your minds.

The strength behind a sword blow comes from the movement of your body. You just can't sword-fight well without putting force behind your blow - the best you could do is poke your opponent a little. Oh, and it definetely wouldn't do anything to armour.

As for the mace... I'm guessing this is some sort of a sword/axe hybrid weapon.
              A good secondary attack could be a hammerfall. You charge up your mace, then pound on the floor with a force so strong, you temporarely stun and pushback any enemies around you (excluding guards).
              This isn't Mortal Combat 6

There also should be a penalty for charging up your weapon. Like your walking speed is cut into half. To avoid people spamming charged attacks in battle. This would make those secondary moves good finishers and starter moves, but less effective to use mid battle (unless you're a pro).
              I think that when you are charging your attack (As you do in Theif/Thievery, not what you suggested), the penalty is that you can't really parry enemy hits.

<----The above statements in no way reflect on the actuall development, or concept of Nightblade. I am in no way afilliated with Nightblade.---->

Comment

Jeez, I don't want to imagine seeing the thief lugging around and battle axe or some sort of warhammer. That just doesn't go with the sneaky theme, thieves are suppose stealthy and quick. Not some neck choppin' brigand that stumbled into a warehouse and can't even hide because the axe gives you away. At that point you should just throw the thing.
                "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I dislike most of your ideas. Nightblade is based on stealth gameplay, not DM.
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                    I dislike most of your ideas. Nightblade is based on stealth gameplay, not DM.
                    Nightblade is twosided. At one side there'll be the whole stealthy part with breaking into mansions and not getting caught etc. AT the other side you have the whole deathmatchey acrobatics running around swinging weapons at eachother part. Just because you don't like the deathmatch part doesn't mean it's in the game, and just because I'm fond of nightblade combat doesn't mean I don't give a rats ass about the sneaky part. I'm just trying to make the combat side a little fun (not as boring and simple as it is in TUT), I'm not touching the stealthpart because I believe that will be good regardless (it was allready good in TUT).

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                    You don't throw broad axes. That's just not cool man, mmkay? You throw little throwing axes, because they are properly balanced for throwing. They are also really damn expensive to make.
                    You also don't run around with a light crossbow, shooting it on the run and reloading it while making a backflip off of the wall, dodging an enemies sword.
                    Don't give me realism crap please. Else this game would turn out really boring.

I'm not going to go in deeper on your other statements, because they're litterally the same (save the charging part, that was a pretty good idea). I'm just trying to spice up the combat a little, going of on what little I have seen from the trailer...

and then my suggestions get shut down by some diehard TUT realismwhore.

Comment

man, i like realism in mellee combat... i would accept throwing an axe... but no 360 sword attack and if you hit ground with mace, you wouldn't stun oponents near you but only yourself i think the best is nice looking fight with continous moves and good sound... a bit like Rune
                      See you in beers

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                        Jeez, I don't want to imagine seeing the thief lugging around and battle axe or some sort of warhammer. That just doesn't go with the sneaky theme, thieves are suppose stealthy and quick. Not some neck choppin' brigand that stumbled into a warehouse and can't even hide because the axe gives you away. At that point you should just throw the thing.
                        You're right but don't fogret that except from thieves there are also murderers :grin:
                        Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

I think that you'll have some thieves with the big melee weapons, while others will be sneaky, it all depends on what you prefer. Remember, you probably won't be able to hide while carrying an axe anyway, depending on the implimentation of the stealth mode
                          Nightwarden,
                          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                          - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

Ok I'm don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but what the heck I can't stop now :twisted: Instead of a character class select system there will be a perk select system where you will be able to choose 2 out of many abilities that will make your character special and make the character's combat style unique(stealth or combat oriented and stuff)
                            Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
                              Ok I'm don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but what the heck I can't stop now :twisted: Instead of a character class select system there will be a perk select system where you will be able to choose 2 out of many abilities that will make your character special and make the character's combat style unique(stealth or combat oriented and stuff)
                              Is that true??
                              That'll be cool

Comment

Working...
                              X