mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mapping

hello all! i am a relatively talented mapper looking to maybe include Nightblade in my mapping adventures. i played Theivery for a few weeks back when i actually still had UT installed and i must say i had a bit of fun playing it. i never played any of the Thief games so i am a relative n00b to the world and have no idea what a "taffer" is.

i was wondering a few things.

when will nightblade be released for open dev? and will the texture packs be able to be DL'ed by mappers before hand to get a head start on mapping? i'm a decent modeler, but have NO experience texturing or skinning. just wondering cuz i have a ferw NB maps ideas floating around.

Harv

Welcome aboard the taffing comunity
    *plays Hotel California by The Eagles*

One thing you should keep in mind is that NB is somewhat diferent from Thievery (TUT). Thievery put a lot on Guards vs Thieves and has dynamic light.
    NB on the other hand focusses more on Thieves VS Thieves, and a bunch of ninja like moves. If you havent done it yet go check their trailer at www.nightblade.com
    As for releases, the recent threads bring a familiar sentence "WHEN ITS DONE".
    As for texture packs I cant help you cause im not on the DEV team but I guess once the first NB gets released you will get a bunch of new texture packs. Before that...
    Oh, and last time I checked "taffer" was a welsh man.

Anyway there is at least one person already mapping for NB he is using UED 3, I guess you could advance some work and do the same.
    Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
      *plays Hotel California by The Eagles*
      Fitting.

Welcome HarvesterUT. Hope to see some good maps!
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
        www.nightblade.com
        No, www.night-blade.com
        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Releasing textures and staticmeshes before open-dev? Hmm. That's a fair enough idea. It's not like they're updated every day.

I wonder what Dalai and co. would think of that.

Anyway, if you're too anxious to wait anything, and have some UT2k3 maps to show, you might consider this:

Originally posted by http://www.night-blade.com/mapping.html
          Documentation for making Nightblade maps will be available in time. If you have experience with making UT2K3 maps and wish to join our team as a Nightblade mapper, then head on over to the jobs section.
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
            Releasing textures and staticmeshes before open-dev? Hmm. That's a fair enough idea. It's not like they're updated every day.

I wonder what Dalai and co. would think of that.

Anyway, if you're too anxious to wait anything, and have some UT2k3 maps to show, you might consider this:

Originally posted by http://www.night-blade.com/mapping.html
            Documentation for making Nightblade maps will be available in time. If you have experience with making UT2K3 maps and wish to join our team as a Nightblade mapper, then head on over to the jobs section.
            :lol: the final instruction is: contact us

he has done so.

furunculus

Comment

Talk to Dalai maybe you can get in the team, there are never too many mappers
              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

well i dont really want to join the team, so to speak. i enjoy freelance work, not having to make a specific-themed map, or having some deadline. just wondering if textures (specifically) would be available prior to open dev....since that might be months off.

Harv

Comment

i have UT2k3 now, so i can start being a little more useful.

Comment

Working...
                  X