So what about the Guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what about the Guards?

The NB trailer is cool in showing all those new thieveibg abilities but...
    What about our shiny camping dudes? No upgrades? No new moves? No new skins? NO FEMALES?! (ok that last part isnt important)
    Only thing I remember seeing new was that one of them seemed to have a shield. Is that it?
    And plz dont give me another "Guards arent as cool as thieves"... :| you must have something planed for guards...
    Feel the power of the

Dude, the guards ain't done yet.

Comment

Are there any ideas to what they do or look like though, or any special functions, what?

And I think females guards would be a fresh change, y'know? They did it for Thief II why shouldn't they do it for Nightblade (since TUT was made for purpose of having a multiplayer Thief game), it said even in the past posts that there would be MORE players (specifically female) that would play, simply because of that principal. Plus having female thieves would be desirable on the other perspective for the thieves.
      "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

DUDE! Give it up! Nightblade is thieves, not guards. If guards had special abilities, it would only be used by the AI.

(Well, except for TvG gamemode..)
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Predator has made a kickass guard model.

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
            DUDE! Give it up! Nightblade is thieves, not guards. If guards had special abilities, it would only be used by the AI.

It would be cool if AI guards would have some tricks up their sleeve as well though.

From what I've seen in the trailer, guards are weak bolt fodder.

Comment

Trust me... You do NOT want guards with mad ninja/blocking/sword/crossbow/hearing/sight skillzor....

Comment

Indeed.

Anyway, the AI's ain't done yet, so who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  Originally posted by Buho

It would be cool if AI guards would have some tricks up their sleeve as well though.

From what I've seen in the trailer, guards are weak bolt fodder.
                  In the first updates I have made as AI man, AIs were really deadly and could hear and see you miles away. Making really hard AIs is easy, problem is to make them smart

And guards will surely have sthing cool to balance with thieves ninja abilities 8)
                  Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

"Uber Drinking Ability." Call the guard with this ability Benny.

That's an idea, though. Could there be 10 or so template subclasses of the guards with a little bit of personality? Not a new idea; this has been tried on several games that I know of. Benny would have horrible aim, stagger a little, and shout a LOT! Hans and Frans would have excellent aim and be deadly ruthless. Richard Simmons would run at the slightest sound. Ahnold would just stand in one spot and unload a ton of bolts.

Heh, on a more realisticly-implimented level, how about making template subclasses that have 4-5 stats tweaked. (Such as shooting accuracy, shooting speed, running speed, wimpy level, jumping height, hearing distance, number of suspicious noises before alarmed (airheadedness), etc.) Tweaked just a little, not a lot.
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if the guards could buy flashlights? :lol: A guard with flashlight would be the bane and arch-enemy of all thieves! I'll be up to the challenge if they do THAT. I know the guards have flares (Thievery did), but flares only have a certain radius of light. Flashlights should be able to go for a distance.

Just make them as expensive as maybe a mace or sword.

It sounded like a good idea. :|
                      "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Sounded like a good idea... Until..... :|
                        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                        -YT

Comment

All players have torches, which are basically the same thing as a flashlight (AFAIK).

Comment

Working...
                          X