Bombs anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombs anyone?

I was thinking about maybe giving NB a more dangerous flare to it. Maybe we should thinking about proxity mines or bombs. This item should be expensive for what it will do. You can stick it anywhere you can reach and, at developers discretion, go off to anything, or go off on whoever is on the opposite team. Maybe have a function to where you can decide either one. And give it like a sight trigger radius of about a doorways width (maybe slightly more) and an explosion radius of about 1.5 to 2 times that. Make it where either water or moss will disable or have it non disableable but will blow up on impact of any arrow, be sure to be at a safe distance. Both sides will be able to buy it.

What do you guys think?
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

I haven't played it, so I have no idea what it would do to the gameplay, but I do know that there is no longer water arrows.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Well, y'know...

Erm, no - sorry. Can't say it. :wink:

Comment

One of my personal fav's, *Cow's and Chicken's, Bomb's Away* funney.

Comment

How about mines that'll stick to walls?
          <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Weapons of Mass Destruction anyone?
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
              Well, y'know...

Ah. Ahahahaa! Neither can I

Comment

lets just nuc the other side
                but really arn't those just mines that stick?
                "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
                Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                  Well, y'know...

What? WHAT!? You mean there ARE!? :twisted: Come on, SPILL IT!!

So what do you mean no water arrows!? Thats half the fun! Thats one of the trade mark traits that came over from Thief! Theres alot a fun that comes from when your a guard and you happen to look over and see an arrow in midflight snuffing out a torch. Why no water arrows?
                  "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Engine problems Wolfe, UT2k3 can't do dynamic lights. It's a shame, but then again, we don't want to make the same game all over again.

Comment

Edit: ^ Ah, natch.

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                      Come on, SPILL IT!!
                      No! Can't!

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                      Why no water arrows?
                      Because as already mentioned, the lighting for this version of the engine seemed to take a step backward. So, no water arrows.

Don't worry though, it still rocks. We can't answer every question posed to us, because that'd spoil it.

Comment

Of course, there may be a developer's journal that has some relevant information...
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

How about booby traps? Say, you could buy some, and then use them to rig chests, doors, windows etc. in locations where the enemy team is likely to try some "inappropriacy". And as a counter, you could also buy defusing kits (or perhaps just lockpicks could do it), but it would take a while to disarm a trap, making you a sitting duck for that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowgrab
                            How about booby traps? Say, you could buy some, and then use them to rig chests, doors, windows etc. in locations where the enemy team is likely to try some "inappropriacy". And as a counter, you could also buy defusing kits (or perhaps just lockpicks could do it), but it would take a while to disarm a trap, making you a sitting duck for that time.
                            Hm now that's a good idea
                            Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Yeesh. That's my idea, and don't any of you try to steal the credit for it. *Looks around madly, eyes gleaming like daggers*

Yes, I'm considering door traps and chest traps. No promises, but I'll do my best.
                              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                              X