3rd person possible disadvantage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd person possible disadvantage?

As told several times NB will be action-oriented, and so maybe the stealthy sneaking into someones back wont be playing a major role anymore (maybe?). But at least like seen in the trailer there will be a throat-slitting move. And so i wondered if the greater radius of view which comes along with the third-person would make such a move impossible against human guards, since they can see a small area behind them too?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Originally posted by Schleicher
    And so i wondered if the greater radius of view which comes along with the third-person would make such a move impossible against human guards, since they can see a small area behind them too?
    Sure they can.... But it's a sneak attack, and you don't see a sneaking thief strike from the shadows before it's to late.

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
      And so i wondered if the greater radius of view which comes along with the third-person would make such a move impossible against human guards, since they can see a small area behind them too?
      When you go into 3-rd person cam in Thievery, and a thief runs up to KO you, do you really have the time to react to him?

Comment

Sure i dont know how the 3rd-person camera will be placed - when its very close to the back there will be of course not enough time. But take a look at the trailer and go forward to 0:30 (when the Thief does the slitting). If the guards have the same FOV there will be enough time for at least a quick jump out of danger imho.
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

you...will...not...be...playing...GUARD. (except in TvG)

Remember, everyone will be a thief. Screw the guards.

EDIT: never mind, I suppose you can slit the throats of other thieves. (Where's my delete option?)
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
            you...will...not...be...playing...GUARD. (except in TvG)
            And arena
            Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

I like thievery, because you CAN be a guard and it's an important part of the game.
              When I played the Thief-series, I always wanted to have a game where you can be a guard.
              In NB, the human guards seem to be less important and I don't think its good...

Comment

Originally posted by Rّé
                In NB, the human guards seem to be less important and I don't think its good...
                TvG is also being developed, so you will be able to play as a guard. I don't think you should worry.

Comment

I know that you have the possibilitiy to play as guard in TvG, but will it be popular? The new gametypes will be more popular I think, because of the guilds and and the new gamespeed. I don't say it's worse than tut, i'm very happy about NB...
                  Ehm, I forgot what I wanted to say.... ehrm... (<-- damn green cheese)

Comment

Working...
                  X