Efficient Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efficient Security

I had some thoughts for the security in TUT, and other than human guards, there are the swiveling heads on the ceilings called watchers. They can be great for an open room with human guards and great for sighting at a distance. But in a room that has no guards and is on the opposite side of the map where the guards are then they are pretty useless for the guards. What if when you have the watchers see a thief it will either A): alert all guards and/or B): Will show on the map where there's an alert from the watchers? If there are maps.

Or maybe, if go this far, show who it is on the map too, since if human guards can see who thieves are, watchers are supposed to have good vision.

Same with all whistlers on the map as well. Just a flashing whistler on the map screen.

It would be an improvement for those guards who go out in dark and either find a thief or find a descending black jack.

So what do you guys think? Would that be balanced or not? Use whats a good idea and leave whatever you guys don't like.
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
    I had some thoughts for the security in TUT, and other than human guards, there are the swiveling heads on the ceilings called watchers. They can be great for an open room with human guards and great for sighting at a distance. But in a room that has no guards and is on the opposite side of the map where the guards are then they are pretty useless for the guards. What if when you have the watchers see a thief it will either A): alert all guards and/or B): Will show on the map where there's an alert from the watchers? If there are maps.

Or maybe, if go this far, show who it is on the map too, since if human guards can see who thieves are, watchers are supposed to have good vision.

Same with all whistlers on the map as well. Just a flashing whistler on the map screen.

It would be an improvement for those guards who go out in dark and either find a thief or find a descending black jack.

So what do you guys think? Would that be balanced or not? Use whats a good idea and leave whatever you guys don't like.
    Ah, yes, that's a good idea! Just imagine, a big prison map, where if a watcher sounds the alarm, there is VERBAL feedback.

*CALLING ALL MECH, ERR GUARDS! PRISON SECURITY HAS BEEN BREACHED! GUARD THEE WILL ALL EXITS STREETS AND ROOFTOPS! LET NOT THE INTRUDER ESCAPE US! CALLING ALL GUARDS. WATCHER 57-23L HAS FOUND AN INTRUDER! GUARD THEE WILL ALL EXITS, STREETS AND ROOFTOPS!*

Comment

Great idea.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

yea i like it...also wise thieves can use this at there advantage making all the whisper goes live at the same time...making it a little confusing for guard

Comment

Originally posted by SMITHNWESSUN
          also wise thieves can use this at there advantage making all the whisper goes live at the same time...making it a little confusing for guard
          HUH?
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
            Originally posted by SMITHNWESSUN
            also wise thieves can use this at there advantage making all the whisper goes live at the same time...making it a little confusing for guard
            HUH?
            Read my suggestion for alarm.

Then imagine 6 of them going off, unsynchronised, when 6 teefs upset 6 watchers.

Comment

Or even better, have some sort of hud marker like in tribes that shows the direction and distance without having to check the map.
              <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                Or even better, have some sort of hud marker like in tribes that shows the direction and distance without having to check the map.
                I'm not so sure about this ...i mean high tech hud does not really fit the theme of nightblade, my opinion.

Comment

*shrugs* Well, it sounds like a nice idea.

But if they ok this, and if they use the watchers speech, they might have to find a way to get around the cacophony of the alarms. Maybe the guards (and thieves) hear only the closest one in the area?

I still think the flashing point on the map are cool
                  "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I like that map alert idea a lot. Hit 'M' and see a flashing light telling where it was activated... Or if that is too high-tech, what about if the whistlers or alarms whisper the alert to the talk console?

Guard1- APO - whispers: See any Thiefs?
                    Guard2- Director Grillard's room - whispers: No, none yet
                    Watcher 65 - Book House - whispers: Thief Here ALERT! maybe in a diff color text, and to avoid watcher spamming, have them only whisper the alarm once per alarm intrusion.
                    http://publictut.webhop.net/
                    Community Server for ALL to use for
                    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
                    and more!

Comment

At one point I was toying with the idea of a whistler alert somewhat like the alarm in Commandos. Not sure if you know it, but in commandos, when you're spotted, a picture of an alarm appears in the corner of the screen flashing and making a noise.

I thought maybe a whistler could appear in the corner of the screen, along with the name of the person who dropped it and which location its in, making its whistling noise.

A flashing alert on the map sounds cool too.

Comment

I personally like the idea of an actual location in a map, a security room type thing. When a watcher spots a thief, a light in this room starts flashing and an alarm goes rings. A label can mark the location of the alarm. But many of these other ideas are excellent as well.
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Nah, keep it low tech, make the noise really loud, then guards have to use a bit of brainpower and hearing to determine where it is, just make the watcher head direction obvious, so the guard can look at the watcher and trace where the theef was spotted, i'm sure that this is the case with thte existing ones, but they have no texture so it's difficult to see properly.
                          ~TuF~

Comment

Are whistlers going to only detect thieves in their field of view, not like the radius-effect they currently are?
                            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                              Are whistlers going to only detect thieves in their field of view, not like the radius-effect they currently are?
                              Hell yeah.
                              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                              X