Special and tradeable loot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special and tradeable loot

Since the main game type of nightblade will be guildwars competing for loot, It would be neat if sets of loot would increase their value. For example having one item from a set would be worth normal loot, but three or four pieces would increase thier value tremendously, these loot pieces would be harder to get (guarded extra carefully) and would be much like a mini objective to boost your team's points. also, since one thief can't hold an unlimited amount of loot, thieves could trade loot or items without having to drop them on the ground.

Sorta reminds me of sets in Diablo II... more bonuses for more of the set.

Anyway, sounds like a cool idea. I can imagine it now, the rare metal plate collection :wink:

+40 loot for the second in the set, +95 for the third, *goes on for an unspeakable length of time*

*phew.

Comment

Isn't that already sort of in there with the 4-pieces of the nightblade that need to be found? thats kinda like a set
      http://publictut.webhop.net/
      Community Server for ALL to use for
      hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
      and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil
        Isn't that already sort of in there with the 4-pieces of the nightblade that need to be found? thats kinda like a set
        Isn't that the NightBlade itself? :|

Comment

Playing "Pass the Loot" would be a nice feature for the Thieves, Maybe a guard is chasing you and you see a thief in the shadows just make a pass before you die and the other thief can get away!
          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Perhaps a "throw loot" key that a thief can catch mid-air (or pick up off the ground)? A visible transfer, in other words. This would add some interesting dynamics to the game. They could also be used as decoy. Or, if you just cleaned up a table and a guard comes by, you can put the loot back real quick so he's not suspicious. Perhaps the "throw loot" key drops only 100 loot bags.
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Sounds like the gametype in UT2k3, cant remember the name.
              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                Perhaps a "throw loot" key that a thief can catch mid-air (or pick up off the ground)? A visible transfer, in other words. This would add some interesting dynamics to the game. They could also be used as decoy. Or, if you just cleaned up a table and a guard comes by, you can put the loot back real quick so he's not suspicious. Perhaps the "throw loot" key drops only 100 loot bags.
                I really like this idea, but maybe if it kept track of the type of loot you picked up so you could throw out certain loot items (for decoy). Even if it didnt keep track the idea is really nice

Comment

I can see it now: Guards come and the thief turns and screams "Gah, here, you can have it back!!!"

This should be accessible with important items like the equivalent to the Book of Enlightenment and the Grail from TH-Spider (equivalent). It would definitly turns the guards attention even for a second, it could save a thief's life)
                  "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                    I can see it now: Guards come and the thief turns and screams "Gah, here, you can have it back!!!"

This should be accessible with important items like the equivalent to the Book of Enlightenment and the Grail from TH-Spider (equivalent). It would definitly turns the guards attention even for a second, it could save a thief's life)
                    yeah. I still think having mechanical robots like in Thief 2 would be cool :roll:
                    GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Working...
                    X