Mapping pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping pack

Check the Nightblade site for a pack containing some textures and static meshes to help you make maps! If it's useful to you, let us know here.

Cool txs Dalai!!!!
    I'll maybe test it if Iam not to shy for it
    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I came here to post a request for exactly that.

WOOT.

Does it contain details about how a map should be structured? All well and good to have textures and meshes, but I think the main problem with mapping for nightblade is we don't know how it plays. It's probably something that will only be answered completely when the game is released, but a vague idea of where we should head with our maps would be helpful.

Comment

Note: It seems you need the Bonus Pack for UT2003.

Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
          Note: It seems you need the Bonus Pack for UT2003.

Correct?
          That definitely should not be the case. What error do you get?

Comment

Can't find edit package 'BonusPack'

History: UEditorEngine::Init <- UUnrealEdEngine::Init <- InitEngine
            I just installed the bonus pack, and I still get this same message upon loading unrealed with the NB batch file.

Do you need the UT2003 patch? (that would be the next thing i'll do)

Comment

Hmm, try removing these lines from the Nightblade.ini:

EditPackages=BonusPack
              EditPackages=SkaarjPack
              EditPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
              EditPackages=OGGPlayer

ServerPackages=UTClassic
              ServerPackages=BonusPack
              ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
              ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                Hmm, try removing these lines from the Nightblade.ini:

EditPackages=BonusPack
                EditPackages=SkaarjPack
                EditPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
                EditPackages=OGGPlayer

ServerPackages=UTClassic
                ServerPackages=BonusPack
                ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
                ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
                That'll work
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                  Does it contain details about how a map should be structured? All well and good to have textures and meshes, but I think the main problem with mapping for nightblade is we don't know how it plays. It's probably something that will only be answered completely when the game is released, but a vague idea of where we should head with our maps would be helpful.
                  OK, here we go:

For Thief vs Guard, all the usual Thievery considerations stand - multiple entrances to important areas, protected thief spawn, etc. It is also important to have a plenty of shadows around.

For Guildwars, you will essentially want two team bases with the rest of the map inbetween. The bases should contain a fair amount of shadow and light, and once again their should be some spawn protection to prevent spawn raping (although this isn't necessarily as important as TvG). There probably should be multiple entrances into each base as well. If you want to have AI guards in your map, you may wish to consider setting aside a spot for the "re-inforcements" to arrive from.

For an idea on how Guildwar plays out, generally both teams spend time looting from the main part of the map to beginning with, and once this loot drys up the teams begin to loot more and more from each others bases.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

w00t...maybe Ill give NB mapping a try...

I've had ideas, but didn't know if they'd work cause I was unsure about the whole gameplay thing.

At least one of them might work.
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

YAY!!!!...checkin it out right now dalai very nice..I see the window meshes that Neo uses in his/her map shown in the trailer i already have those meshes the yellow tinted and grey tinted windows...lol dunno how i got em..Well good job with the pack now i can finish my JailBreak that Zifnab and i are working on for UT2k3 maybe i'll make another version for NB
                      SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

R3meshes I've seen these ones before, they're great
                        Last edited by SpamSlayer; 30 Jul 2005, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Are the files the same size? Are the dates the same or which one is newer?

Details, mon, details...
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

lets see....the R3meshes is the only file that is the same size...all the NB ones that am adding are bigger than the 1's i hav now and they were almost all added the same week LOL back in spetember

Comment

Uhh...

Time out! If you're hearing this, don't overwrite anything...

Ooo-right. Uh. You shouldn't be overwriting anything, because of the directory structure. Normally you'd use the \Textures\ directory as per normal, but Night-Blade gets the textures from \Nightblade\NB-Textures\

Of course, you might also consider the fact that the cat man says the .rar file should already have that directory structure.

Laters...
                              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
                              X