Map size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map size...

How big will the maps be overall, compared to thievery? I don't know things like the average # of players, match time, and the speed of the game.

Also, I want to make some tight passages, mabye about 2 players wide. After hearing about 3rd person, faster pace, and more combat, i'm not sure this is a good idea. It'll will be open above the player, but the floor space will be tight.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Same size, or bigger.
    Depends on the player amount you want for the map.

The behindview will not go trough the walls/roof, so generally you shouldn't be afraid of doing indoor areas, with smaller corridors. As long as they aren't a choke point!
    192-256uu should be enough height for a room to allow unhindered camera movement.

Comment

Okay, thnx.

And another question, are there any disadvantages to using Maya PLE (as opposed to using 3ds max, Etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
        And another question, are there any disadvantages to using Maya PLE (as opposed to using 3ds max, Etc.)?
        Not really... dependt on how skilled you are with the individual program.

Comment

Well I haven't learned either one... So I guess it doesn't matter then.

Comment

LOL i dunno even how to work the stuff in Maya PLE I have the UT2k3 edition that came on the UT2003 bonus disc or Disk 3

is disk/disc spelled disc or disk?
            SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Speaking of that I never really saw what's there on the bonus cd. And I guess it can be either disc/disk.
              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

I would use 'disc' when refering to a CD, and 'disk' when refering to almost anything else (harddrive, 3-1/2 floppy, etc.)
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

OOOOOHHHH ok yeah on the "bonus disC" there is a bunch of neat prgos...like UPaint, you can paint characters in UT2003 like microsoft paint and some Photoshop...there is a KAT thing i dunno what it does but Karma made it there is another program called Maya PLE UT2003 edition still dunno how to use it and i think there might be some more but i forget what they are and am too lazy to get the disc

Hmm....for disc and it be 'CD' or use 'disc'??!?!
                  SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X