No announcement yet.

NB Developers Have lots of problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NB Developers Have lots of problems...

Is it just me, or is everyone noticing that almost every developer has some sort of computer crash that they write about in the journal. I dont know about you, but I think i've had only one "data losing" crash in my lifetime working with all types of computers, from Apple to Macintosh to Windows 3.1 and up. And that was because the 7 yr old hard drive was shot and found bad sectors every 3 minutes. But no matter how many OS crashes i've had with any of the windows', ive never had a real problem recovering the work. Makes me wonder about what nightblade is doing to your PCs, or if you guys even know how to use them properly! :lol:
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

Well ... i'm not really a developer, i'm just a tester for nb, however I have comp problems too. It has nothing to do with nightblade , just problems with the XP-install cd ... but still.

Maybe nb has alot of spyware that messes up your comp. DALAI !?
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

It's silly not to back up data once in a while... really. :wink:

Comment

Has that become the NB team motto
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Smithnwessun... *ahem* That female thief's blouse is gonna draw the stare of every male guard in the map LOL! Keep it up! We've been wanting this model for a long time, can't wait!

Everyone's got an opinion. Here are a few more on that model. (I can't help myself, I tried!!). I'd downplay the breast thing in light of how every female in games are large-breasted vixens. Thieves should be cloaked in lumpy, shapeless shadows. That is all.

About the new whistler, I think it's awesome that it's gonna be redesigned. Personal experience whenever I lose something, it's always five times better when I start from scratch! Can't wait to see what that looks like!
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Actually, Buho, I thought the breast size about perfect in the model. They're not NOT there, but they arn't so big as to make you wonder how a person with them could do a backflip.
            So I say they're good.

Now, On topic: I've never had a comp crash with total HD wipe.

I've taken my old comp back to factory condition (wiped everything and reinstalled) but that was just to fix dumb problems.

Get this. When my dad and I first had a comp, we knew practically nothing. Now, you know how I come here with questions about stuff that my dad wants fixed, and sometimes they're pretty dumb (i.e. the geocities one. Who cares if I can get to geocities or not).

Well, early on we saw this thing in start menu called Documents. In it was...stuff. Well, my dad goes on a rant about "How the hell did that stuff get there? Those are my "Documents." I didn't tell it to put them there! Get them out of there. If I want something in Documents I'll put it there."

That ended with a restore to factory.

Other times it was to get my vid card to work.

I've had no probs with my new comp (which isn't actually new anymore).
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

"Stuff" eh? I thought your Dad had only just let you start watching 18's? Was that because of the "stuff?"

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                It's silly not to back up data once in a while... really. :wink:
                I agree, this goes, with everything that can be saved, video games, book reports, etc, etc. A really funny story: My sister did this HUGE project on the comp and she went from start to end and when she was putting on the finishing touches, guess what, it crashed. Now of course, I did feel a little sorry for her, it sucks to lose what you worked so hard to make, but if you don't even think about saving when you put tons of work into something then you're just begging fate to screw you over like that. I think we've all learned that lesson at one point, but I don't know what the hell is going on with the developers, so I don't know.
                "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I had loads of backup copies of my map in case of a file corruption, in the same directory.

I didn't count on Windoze obliterating my FAT whilst 'repairing' a 'minor' error on the drive.

I think it's because we're all to l337 to back up our work actually
                  One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -
                  The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Garlisk, at least your dad isn't saying "what the hell is this "thievery" thing on my computer? Are you doing illegal stuff on my computer?! Are we going to get arrested?! We better format the hard drive to erase the evidence! I don't care you think this is a game, this is serious!" :lol:
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Buho
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Working...
                      X