Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodging and other Ut2k3-4 specific movement possibles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodging and other Ut2k3-4 specific movement possibles.

There is a mutator for ut2k3 that allows you to dodge off walls as much as you wish, I was just wondering if something like this will be possible for NB, not only would it fit the "ninja" theme that seems to be flaoting around, but would be great for the gameplay in general, it adds a massive new dimension to maps but also serves as a problem when thieves get into places that are not only lame but might produce problems with the map.

If your not with me, I mean like so.

|\|
    |/|
    |\|
    |/|
    |\|
    |/|

(the "/" and "\" representing the dodgers path, and the "|" representing walls.)

When I first thought of this idea I really couldnt decide if this could be a possitive thing for a game like thievery, but considering how fast paces NB is seeming to be, I gave it another thought and it took me away.

I also don't know if this has been said before, but it could be a rather neat trick.
    I consider myself a pro ut2003 player and dodging and movement is very neccisary to be harder target to hit and follow.

Jay, aka rodent and I where mucking around with this idea, Jay being a thievery pro couldnt help finding places in maps where not only was it hard to spot, but simple to get to, and opened up a lot of ideas.

Oh yeah, and if you've played Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time, something like that

Anway, give it a thought if not already,
    and of course forumers have your ideas and thoughts in this thread.

Lat0r.
    deserve victory

NB already has l337 ninja abilities in :wink:
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

What, you underestimate the team?

Comment

Originally posted by -BeAsT-
        There is a mutator for ut2k3 that allows you to dodge off walls as much as you wish,
        which mutator is this? link?
        http://publictut.webhop.net/
        Community Server for ALL to use for
        hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
        and more!

Comment

www.ut2003hq.com

Go to the mods + mutators section,
          it was one of the first mutators released so yer...I can't be bothered looking again.

..cool I didnt know it was already in, nice
          deserve victory

Comment

Originally posted by -BeAsT-
            cool I didnt know it was already in, nice
            They had to be tweaked after I learned a neat little exploit that let me fly around the levels though
            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -
            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

You also gotta consider that even if they did decide to put the wall jump in, a good designer always has to keep the game balance in mind, or else everyone will be fighting the for the most unbalanced character so they get the upper hand. Sure if they make the wall jump then what the guards get in addition equivalent to the wall jump? Breaking the walls so not to jump on the smooth surface or a tool to grease the wall? Or maybe they get the wall jump too. And Like Chainsaw said, its already got tons of 1337 moves already. :wink:
              "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I don't mind if it just has the simple wall jump the same as ut2k3, but with the multiwall jump like I said in my previous post, mappers will have to have it in mind whenever making maps...which could be annoying at most.

Especially is the boost dodge will still be usable, flying over building and landing with a cat pot would be a peice of cake :roll:
                deserve victory

Comment

AHH machine you shouldn't have told that bug then ur team could have used it in NB for a while LOL
                  SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Nah, thats you Spammy, *cough Oki * Cough skelston head* cough * splutter * What?
                    ~TuF~

Comment

It sounds like the wall jump in super mario 64.....
                      Im sure that that will be very nice but then the guards must became a special too to hunt the theives...
                      |
                      |
                      My english isnt the best!

Comment

Why exactly do the guards need to be special? I just don't get it.

Why would guards need the ability to walldodge and jump over rooftops?

If you want chases like that, that's what Guildwar is for.
                        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I really like the ninja moves in ut2k3.... I miss them in Thievery! :wink:
                          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I like the ones in Jedi Knight better, Wallruns, Kickflips, and Wall hugs... a little to unreal, but cool nevertheless!
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                              I like the ones in Jedi Knight better, Wallruns, Kickflips, and Wall hugs... a little to unreal, but cool nevertheless!
                              hmm yeah only the wallruns... Sometimes its very difficult make these jumps!
                              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Working...
                              X