Suggestion: Arrows & Bolts to create temporary ladders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Arrows & Bolts to create temporary ladders

I just had a cool thouhgt about useing arrows and bolts as stepping sticks. So you can build a make shift staircase and hop up arrow by arrow by shooting them into a wooden wall.
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

Cool Idea!

But wouldnt this be useless because of the wall-dodging and "jumping over scyscrapers" crapability that the thieves will have?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

Not to mention rope bolts...

Comment

It's a cool idea but it could be exploited to block off doorways and stuff, plus we have the rope bolts MB mentioned
        One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -
        The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

They should break after a 1 to 2 seconds of standing on them to even it up and should just snap if you run into them. That way they can't be used to block stuff
          ZT

Comment

Originally posted by ZTx3
            They should break after a 1 to 2 seconds of standing on them to even it up and should just snap if you run into them. That way they can't be used to block stuff
            "GENIUS!" But yea i didnt know about rope bolts, that would "in essence" reach the same goal. But what if you are out of rope bolts, it could be like a second chance way. It would be like mega man with the disappearing panels that you have to jump on
            http://publictut.webhop.net/
            Community Server for ALL to use for
            hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
            and more!

Comment

Plus bolts don't stick to most surfaces
              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Have you ever tried something like that before? I have when I was little and it doesn't work I thougt it was a good idea to climb out of a ditch with by using several sticks in the earth and they wouldn't support my weight. Eventually I had to climb a tree to get over. It's a fun idea, a little wacky. But if they did okay it, it would take a long time to prepare and if the crossbows are as accurate as the TUT crossbows, then you have to have several takes at it. And by that time I wouldn't think it was worth it (like getting backstabbed or the game ending by then). Sorry, to be a wet blanket, and it would be one of those nice fun add-on extras for the game, but I don't think the guys up top would put something that abstract in. :|
                "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

This would give the word "Bolt-Walls" a whole new meaning......

When i'm bored as a guard in Thievery i sometimes just starts creating walls at the thieves entry point to my area... E.g. Floor in the attic of bourgeios, in front of apartment vents in spiders....
                  Currently it's only intimidating... But you could completly block of vent exits this way, forcing the taffer to pull all your 30+ bolts out of the ground before he can get by....

Comment

Agian have them snap

Also imho bolts are to thin really. However the Thiefs arrows are pretty hefty *shrug*

Would add a great way to get out of a tight spot and maybe get up onto a beam,ledge or hatch quickly and not have the guard be able to follow you. Same idea as a vine arrow only it's more of a "if I have to I could try and use an arrow". Shouldn't be an easy thing to use because they snap.

Also give thiefs a reason to buy them/use them for somthing other than killing.
                    ZT

Comment

Legolas pwns.

He did this with an elephant!
                      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Here's what i'm talking about...

Sure... let them block the thieves.

(Ps. Buho... i think you can loose the hat now...)

Comment

Why lose the hat? My christmas tree is still up too.

Merry Christmas, you buncha scrooges!
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

You mean you lost your original avatar?
                            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -
                            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

The tree is still up? You will pack it before Easter eh?
                              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                              X