Suggestion: Blackjack and sword death realisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Blackjack and sword death realisms

I was thinking, maybe to make the death or KO action a little more dramatic. At least from the first person point of view. Like instead of getting KO'd and the screen just freezes for a second.. have your vision slowly fade away as you fall to the ground, then go totally black and hear the sound of your body falling. pause for a moment, (similar to Thief2 when you got killed, you start to fall and your vision fades), then get new spawn.

Same with a kill, perhaps seeing red more and more as you fall and watch the thief run away as you try to gasp for air. until it gets really red, then turns black. Then new spawn.

Could add some realism to what you would feel if killed or KO'd.
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

Yeah, that sounds awsome... much better than the TUT deaths/KO's.
    Just how would the same affect be done in 3rd person view?

Maybe in for the KO you could have the guard slump to his knees, then collapse face down onto the carpet.
    And have it slower than the TUT KO.

Dunno how they're going to do the deaths though, because of the ability to hack people in half and stuff.

For when cutting some-one's throat they could grab their neck, and and try to call for help, but only have a wheezing cough or something. But make it louder than a KO so there is an advantage to KOing someone and not just murdering everyone. They're thieves, not assassins.... Hopefully.

It also depends on whether or not they have enough time to do the animations for this or if the animations are possible to do.
    There is no life, there is only WoW

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil
      I was thinking, maybe to make the death or KO action a little more dramatic. At least from the first person point of view. Like instead of getting KO'd and the screen just freezes for a second..
      Actually, it is dramatic. When I'm killed or KOed, everything stops for about 3-7 second and I pray everytime to not disconnect from server

Comment

Could do the same thing in 3rd person or when being cut in half it would still look cooler than just seeing you self get KOed and fall to the ground.

The idea of the screen turning blood red till you can't see then fading to black would be vary cool imho and could work no matter what view you are using or how you where killed really
        ZT

Comment

I think the screaming of a guard or a thief in TUT pretty much makes it for me.

"YAAAAAAARRRRHHHHH!"
          or
          "YEOW!!"
          Gosh, I love that sound.
          JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
            I think the screaming of a guard or a thief in TUT pretty much makes it for me.

"YAAAAAAARRRRHHHHH!"
            or
            "YEOW!!"
            Gosh, I love that sound.
            I love that sound too when the thieves die. that loud AHHHHHH is great. I like Thief 2 when garret falls to his death too, that "CRACK" "AHHH" like his legs broke . Pain is fun

ZT and Red Baron: I forgot about that cut in half thing. I think karma takes over on frags like that ,but if possible maybe for first person you can see your self hit the ground and see your legs fall next to you as your screen turns red. regardless if karma flings you around the place.
            http://publictut.webhop.net/
            Community Server for ALL to use for
            hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
            and more!

Comment

I like the idea of some sort of penalty of getting KO'ed. It would stop the annoying situation where the guard comes back as someone else and flames the area from afar.
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Are there going to be decapitations in Night-Blade? Like in Unreal Tournament when you got blown apart, if you didn't click and respawn immediately you had the view from your disembodied head as it flew or rolled or whatever until you respawned.
                (The view also had a reddish tint, I think)

That'd be pretty neat to have in Night-Blade or somthing like that.

It'd be good if you couldn't respawn immediately, but had a timer, say 20 seconds or so. That'd stop a recently KO'd or killed guard from going right back to where they died and killing the thief. It would also allow time to have the blood red screen that fades to black or whatever cool things the devs decide to put in.
                Or like in TDP when you died, with the screen fading to black (and being able to crawl around when dying). They could also have some neat dying noises: Long, drawn out cries or weeping or whatever they feel like doing with the extra death time.
                Hopefully they'll read this and take notes....
                There is no life, there is only WoW

Comment

well, immediate respawns into a following AI can be really annoying. The whole cinematic when dying deal would prevent that.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

With karma physics, and ut2k3 in general deaths will be much more interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                      well, immediate respawns into a following AI can be really annoying. The whole cinematic when dying deal would prevent that.
                      LOL, like agent smith, kill him and the person next to you becomes him and the battle begins anew!

Agreed, there should be a delay, of around 5 seconds ish when your KO'd or killed as a guard.
                      ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                      X