Night Blade development halted?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Blade development halted?!

Alien Swarm is announced and the nightblade journals stop completely. Does that mean you put it on the back burner or are you multitasking so much that there is no time for status updates?
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

Development is ongoing; we haven't switched streams (though as Solaris said she's concentrating on Swarm). Some stuff has happened in the last week that would make hella boring news, and mostly I think people are just neglecting the journal or have nothing significant to report. January isn't the best of months for most people, Christmas debts and all, eh?

Comment

Only a few members of the Dev team are actually part of Alien Swarm, which leaves plenty to work on maps and code...
      I think there has actually been more development in januar then in december...

Comment

Yeah I think it falls down to most people just being too busy, most of the dev team are in real jobs and thus have very little time to work on things, this doesn't mean that they don't but it could mean that they just simply dont find the time to fill in the journal.

I work now, including travelling between 7am and 7pm, weekends are free, but I do find it difficult to find the time to fill in a journal, specially with doing the same eqivalent during the day at work.

Dont worry, and dont assume
        ~TuF~

Comment

Yeah, there's been a lot of 'tidying up' going on lately so there haven't been any FANTASITIC NEW FEATURES worth shouting about. Work is still going on though, these things take time
          One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -
          The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

This is why I am not even getting excited about Nightbalde. I 've seen mods that have taken over 3 years to be released. Since mods are always a do-it-your-spare-time project they tend take a long time. Just play thievery in the mean time.

Comment

What would really get the excitemenet going is if someone on the dev team made another Trailer Ya know a trailer that shows all the stuff ya can do in NB like cutting throats in the light, shooting all the different types of arrows/bolts some venthunting maybe some swimming or maybe a full map played till the end even if it is 2 hours long i think i'd still watch it 8)
              SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Just wait, it will come. I have confidence that the guys will done soon. What it seems is that they're just working on the finishing touches, although that's still alot at the moment, right?
                "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

A lot? ah well i found another mod that i think i'll be playing for now...its called...THIEVERY!! .....Finishing touchs? like what? skins? gametype editing?
                  SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Finishing touches on NightBlade already? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                      but the engine doesn't support water arrows right? :|
                      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

apparently suports ice bolts though.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                          Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                          but the engine doesn't support water arrows right? :|
                          I asked this before check it out:

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                          So what do you mean no water arrows!? Thats half the fun! Thats one of the trade mark traits that came over from Thief! Theres alot a fun that comes from when your a guard and you happen to look over and see an arrow in midflight snuffing out a torch. Why no water arrows? but the engine doesn't support water arrows right? :|
                          Originally posted by Dalai
                          Engine problems Wolfe, UT2k3 can't do dynamic lights. It's a shame, but then again, we don't want to make the same game all over again.
                          Originally posted by Nachimir
                          Because as already mentioned, the lighting for this version of the engine seemed to take a step backward. So, no water arrows.

Don't worry though, it still rocks. We can't answer every question posed to us, because that'd spoil it.

Yeah, but I didn’t hear anything about ice arrows though. Sounds like a nice idea .
                          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Looks like its progressing nicely! And I mean nicely! Awesome work, Smithn. Only thing I want to comment on is the face: looks like she's about to be pummeled with a mace! :lol:

Is there support in NB to have different faces? Thievery has a few skins on the thief, doesn't it?
                            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

is Smithn going to make a female guard skin too? what ya think about that idea!?
                              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Working...
                              X