Suggestion: Calling to AI Guards in range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Calling to AI Guards in range

Every notice on thievery when you are trying to keep your AI safe and sound, they get jumpy after one noise and start running like headless chickens, which in turn usually gets them KO'd. So i was thinking for nightblade, if a similar characteristic existed, that you could whistle or call guards within range, that you are looking at (little circle crosshair on them), would turn around and come to you to receive a command. I mean hell, if you can whisper to your friends across the map, then you should be able to call out 10 feet to your AI guards to stop running and get their asses back over to you.
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

I really don't know about that, it would give the guards more control over the AI than the developers would probably wish, maybe make it to where the frob distance was 10% longer or something. I could see people really extorting the 10 foot frob. Its supposed to look like you are talking to them not commanding them back remote control. :|
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Actually it doesn't sound bad, but it might be better if you could just give orders without frobbing them. Like saying "thief here!" will cause nearby ai guards to run to your location.
      <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Anything that can make guards more intelligent is good. (Read: "intelligent" not "uber.") I support this idea. An audible whistle would go well with aiming your graticule on the remote guard and hitting the whistle button.

Also, I wonder if a better AI algorithm than "headless chicken dance" can be done. Human guards don't do the headless chicken dance unless they're cracked or flashed. Dunno, I just spent 5 minutes thinking about it. That's a tough one. Can AI identify dark corners in the room as individual isolated areas and then develop a checkpoint system to scan the dark areas of the room the way a human guard would?
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
          Actually it doesn't sound bad, but it might be better if you could just give orders without frobbing them. Like saying "thief here!" will cause nearby ai guards to run to your location.
          but isn't that to unfair? Be cause the AI have all got aimbot and then if a thief with a sword comes and the AI can giva you backup!
          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

i think the ai must see the thief and not hear him. The ais must do what the guards say for example if u say stand here he must stand there 100% and if he run away he must go back to his place.
            The AIs only may run away if they see a theif.
            My english isnt the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
              Originally posted by Firetiger
              but isn't that to unfair? Be cause the AI have all got aimbot and then if a thief with a sword comes and the AI can giva you backup!
              Well, if you choose to go into ninja mode while there are alot of AI around you, you probably wouldn't live long anyway.

And I totally with fossil. I think this is a great idea. AI allways run away from their positions at the littlest sign of a thief. It'd be great if you could at least call them back or something, instead of letting them chase a thief into a shadowy corner where they get KO'd. And running after them isn't allways the best sollution either.

Comment

it would be cool if there were a comand system like in counter strike or in other taktic shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaki
                  it would be cool if there were a comand system like in counter strike or in other taktic shooter.
                  A command system that bots totally ignore?
                  Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Its unreal and not halflife

In the command sys i want to have the bots never will ignore ur comands if u shout after them they will come to you. They will hear like good trained dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
                      A command system that bots totally ignore?
                      Do they ignore that in CS??? o_O
                      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Some Bots ignore the comands and they "NEGATIVE" but other bots say "ROGER THAT" its not good for the gameplay.
                        We need a commandsys that the bots didnt ignore

Comment

Some Bots ignore the comands and they "NEGATIVE" but other bots say "ROGER THAT" its not good for the gameplay.
                          We need a commandsys that the bots didnt ignore
                          If they ignore you it's either because they don't like you, or they can't do what you want them to do... And the patroling option is broken in TUT 1.4.

Comment

HEY
                            every bot likes me

Comment

A command system would be kinda inappropriate but instead you could shout at them or sthing and then command them the TUT way. Hm ofcourse I gotta implement all that
                              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                              X