RADAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADAR

I would be plzed when both teams had radars to see where there teammates are and on the radar u see ur tm as green point on the map and if a tm get knocked or killed the green point became a bigger red point
    Yes!!!
    14.29%
    No!!!
    85.71%
    My english isnt the best!

I think that idea is not bad.... but I'm not a coder and don't know if that is possible or whatever!?
    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

in bf1942 it works to

Comment

yeah maybe...
        But I think the Bf engine is not the ut2k3 engine! Maybe its very difficult to make the radar and takes lots of time!?
        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

U must only make a small map (M) in the right corner of ur play screen
          look here it would work http://www.night-blade.com/images/screenshots/nb4.jpg

Comment

If Nightblade would have a map system similar to Thievery (You push a button and a map of the level comus up, showing the locations of teammembers). I don't think we would need a radar.

Comment

i mean it so that in the upper right corner is a little level map who shows the locations of ur teammembers

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaki
                i mean it so that in the upper right corner is a little level map who shows the locations of ur teammembers
                No I think you mean there is a small map where you can see the near location... or?

Comment

Meh, I dont think a radars a good idea. Not only is it just, unrealistic (I know its not meant to be realistic, but c'mon... a radar?) but it would make the game feel a bit too.... um.. 'console'ish' to me...
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Since Thief Match has radar, I would assume it is possible. I agree with fixxer though in that does not sound like a good idea for this game (of course, I have not played yet). IF the game was purely about combat maybe, but there is more going on. Besides, I would like having the ability to wait in the shadows and then strike somneone completely unaware, and vice versa. Adds to the suspence.
                    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Hey FixXxar i dont mean realy a radar i mean a little map where u can see ur and ur teammates locations

Comment

A maps okay, like in TUT. Just make sure every map has a map.... >>me thinks of the frustrating 'thief here' bind on TH-Nostalgia, and screaming... 'THIEF WHERE?!'<<
                        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                          A maps okay, like in TUT. Just make sure every map has a map.... >>me thinks of the frustrating 'thief here' bind on TH-Nostalgia, and screaming... 'THIEF WHERE?!'<<
                          Hahaaa!

LOOK AT MY LOCATION DAMNIT!!

IT SAYS OUTSIDE.... WHERE THE HELL OUTSIDE?!?!?!

Comment

From 14 months ago: Ways to improve thiefmatch via Radar

From 10 months ago: Radar

I still like my idea of radar from 14 months ago:

Originally posted by One dead sexy thief
                            Perhaps the "radar blip" actually displays a red ghost outline of all the thieves in the level as they appear in the map, visible through all walls. So if you're staring at a wall and a blip occurs, you could see a thief crouching or moving in transparent red one floor above you and a little ways off beyond the wall. This would last for only a second. Even though they are behind the wall, they are rendered in front of it.

This solves direction and distance, but introduces a framerate problem as potentially seven thieves are suddenly displayed at once. Also, this doesn't help a whit if there is a thief behind, to either side, or above you.
                            It's like a 3D radar, and it still doesn't protect your back if you don't watch it -- someone can sneak up on you if they're stealthy.
                            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Gah... thats just gonna make things to hard....
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X