Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Black Cat interested in making Thief Deadly Shadows FMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Black Cat interested in making Thief Deadly Shadows FMs?

And mods?

I'm asking because amongst the heap of petitions that have sprung up around recent Ion Storm games the only really reasonable one seems to be the the petition for an SDK for TDS.

It worked for Thief 1 and has resulted in many many fine FMs. Thievery and Nightblade been natural successors to FMs, and Thief DSs editor being based on UnrealEd, I thought that Black Cat would be the logical choice for TDS FMs/mods.

If so are you guys keen to get hold of an SDK for TDS?

I would, if they had left the Unreal networking code in, so we could try some multiplayer. Judging by Deus Ex 2 though, there's none of that. :/

Comment

Last I heard it WAS going to have multiplayer in it, is that a definite no now?
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
        Where the hell have you been hiding for the last 3 years?!

Comment

IonStorm has always claimed that they were going to consentrate on the single player mode. I don't think they have ever said anything about a Thief MP game.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
            Where the hell have you been hiding for the last 3 years?!
            Listening to the wrong rumours obv.
            -

Comment

I really really hope they won't screw this series up like they did with DE2... I finished DE2 in 3 days, and the first one took me 2 weeks, not to mention it was much more fun, especially with the thievery lightgem mod I'm actually playing through it yet again, probably for the 6th or 7th time by now. But I guess if they keep their old technique on cutscenes for Thief 3, that alone will make me buy the game. I just wish they could've named it something different, rather than 'Deadly Shadows', something that pertains more to the story like the past two. I guess I won't judge a game by it's title.
              Predator
              Black Cat Games Modeler
              Black Cat Games
              Nightblade
              Thievery

Comment

You know it's going to suck though, it'll go to an early grave and suck all you Thief fanboys in with it.

I'm sorry to break it to you like this but we all know it's too well marketed to actually be good. Once those marketing and advertising guys get hold of something, it's screwed.
                -

Comment

Lightgem-mod works for Deus Ex?
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

You know it's going to suck though, it'll go to an early grave and suck all you Thief fanboys in with it.

I'm sorry to break it to you like this but we all know it's too well marketed to actually be good. Once those marketing and advertising guys get hold of something, it's screwed.
                    You're probably right on that one, I'm not gonna be expecting much from it.

Lightgem-mod works for Deus Ex?
                    Well actually there was one made for Deus Ex specifically by ArcaneX, Dalai, and Cythe. I actually just recently got this working (the Mac handles some of the ini's in strange ways) but man, it's really almost doubled the fun factor of this game. Ion storm was just being dumb when they didn't think to include it in DE2. Since the mod's kind of hard to find, I've decided to upload it for you here
                    Predator
                    Black Cat Games Modeler
                    Black Cat Games
                    Nightblade
                    Thievery

Comment

Originally posted by Predator
                      I just wish they could've named it something different, rather than 'Deadly Shadows', something that pertains more to the story like the past two. I guess I won't judge a game by it's title.
                      It may actually. I think the plot revolves around Garret finding himself at odds with the Keepers, who it seems have an assassin wing. Title could work on several levels.
                      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

True... I didn't think about that. But I still don't really like it
                        Predator
                        Black Cat Games Modeler
                        Black Cat Games
                        Nightblade
                        Thievery

Comment

like "metal age" was better before release? first lets buy the game and see the story. u dont know if the title is related to the game or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasto
                            like "metal age" was better before release? first lets buy the game and see the story. u dont know if the title is related to the game or not.
                            I already acknowledged the fact that it might pertain to the story, I was just saying that I still don't like it, it just sounds cheesy. And in my opinion, Thief 2's title WAS better before release.
                            Predator
                            Black Cat Games Modeler
                            Black Cat Games
                            Nightblade
                            Thievery

Comment

Originally posted by Predator
                              I already acknowledged the fact that it might pertain to the story, I was just saying that I still don't like it, it just sounds cheesy. And in my opinion, Thief 2's title WAS better before release.
                              well ok then.

Comment

Working...
                              X