Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What NB needs is....

Civilians!

That's what Thievery was missing, but thief had, were those interesting conversations that you'd overhear.

"I hope that dirty smuggler brought us some spice!"

And such. And besides, it adds a new dimension to the game, having those who will run to tell guards if you're seen.

so, uh, yeah. That would be the sweetness
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Weird. I thought there were civilians on Bourgois :?
    Isnt Kevel a civilian as well???
    Feel the power of the

Comment

True, butthey're sort of single-minded and stupid. I meant actual conversations between them besides "how are you? Good day. What was that? Nice weather."

A sort of Thief 2 type of thing where'd you overhear things that make the game more enjoyable
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Well you'll be glad to hear that in NB there are around 10 NPC's per map who interact with each other in a realistic manner, sometimes it's all to much for them and they just strip off their clothes (which are seperate so theres a near infinate amount of combinations) and make love whilst the thief steals their valubles**

** All text written in brown is untrue.
        ~TuF~

Comment

Such things are extremely well placed in a SP mode, but after playing a certain map quite a few times I'm guessing most will tire from hearing the same damn conversation over and over and over...

...or it could just be me

Comment

And most players will just kill them anyway.
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

It maybe could be cool....on some maps, but not all ofc...well, the theif games you know, singleplayer, different game to thievery, ofc it adds more feeling to the game when you hear some civilians have a chat and stuff, but I think mp is a little different, maybe wont be the same thing in nb (mp)...
              .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

I think civilians were talked about, and are somehwere on the Big Giant To Do List, a short way below giraffes. Seriously, there are certainly other things that take priority.

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                And most players will just kill them anyway.
                How true

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                  Well you'll be glad to hear that in NB there are around 10 NPC's per map who interact with each other in a realistic manner, sometimes it's all to much for them and they just strip off their clothes (which are seperate so theres a near infinate amount of combinations) and make love whilst the thief steals their valubles**

** All text written in brown is untrue.
                  WOOT! That text looks red to me! Can't wait!!!

But yeah, civilians is a good idea. Something more than just a NPC guard body civilian.

ALSO, it would be really awesome if human guards died instantly if they kill a civilian. Yeah, I suppose that would mean we're restricting creative gameplay, but darnit, it's retarded when the civilians die every single game. Maybe make the living civilians team up against the guards when one is attacked, or give loot to the thieves. Some kinda penalty.... Maybe make the civilians more valuable to the guards living than dead.
                  "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Hm everytime a game puts me in the situation of "protecting some very dumb civilian with very little pathfinding ability and suicidal tendencies/no natural mechanisms of fear when encountering bigger/stronger foes" i dont appreciate it much, i must confess :wink:

Civilians doing their stuff - like mopping the floor (uh for example),ye good ole sleeping, carrying things,making wacky conversations (or saying funny lines when being attacked ) would add to the mood of maps, but having a penalty when killing them would be no fun, eh? ^.^

Btw what was that Noblewars-Gametype like again? Like VIP in CS (one player is the VIP which needs to be killed by the other team, the others have to protect him till he reaches the extraction point)? Or is it like an AI-VIP protected by human guards inside some Stronghold which needs to be infiltrated by the Thiefes?

Both would be cool
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

NW is not fully designed yet but I assume both teams will have strongholds and a human noble who will be either quite strong or weak and will have only one life and the rest of the team will be able to respawn in waves.
                      Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Just thought of hte perfect example of what i mean:

Thief II, the trail of blood level, where you have the ghosts that talk to each other, making gestures and facial expressions fitting with their moods.

or Shipping and Recieving where they talk aboutthe Mechanists or "that dirty smuggler" , then you follow him to his ship. An in-depth character who adds flavor to a map, making it a place not isolated in hte world, and (to the player at least) a part of a world, and not a centralized city or manor surrounded by an impenetrable box with the sky painted on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                          making gestures and facial expressions fitting with their moods.
                          Faces didnt move in T2.
                          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                          -YT

Comment

lips sync is really hard to make...even more in nightblade....first of all...please name a game that has lips sync in the game itself...normaly its scripted event when dialog occur...i never seen it i must say...not to mention all the animation...

not sure if your talking about lips sync anyway ,but im pretty sure that a simple talking animation is possible within the game that would not be sync with the word the NPC saying....though it would mean to add extra poly to the face of these caracter and also to remake all the current nightblade model...

anyway good idea but not sure if the world is ready for this...

Comment

Deus Ex: Invisible War has lip sinc technology. There are other games that use this technology or the newer versions but I'm not sure if they've been released yet. Epic has it licensed so it may actually be available to the Nightblade team, although that's rather doubtful.

It's a commercial product named LIPSinc, which has been split up. OC3 Entertainment now handles the gaming portion of the company.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X