just a LITTLE something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a LITTLE something...

The thing I were thinking about is to have some "sounds"(or stuff) on the maps so it adds feeling (maybe stupid to post this, cause I'm quite sure you'll have this in the game.....but you cant be to sure)... when I mean sounds I mean like that you hear "dog barks" in some street corner, maybe some birds flying around in the sky, maybe some cat sounds here and there, crickets, bla bla, you know all that...pretty important really..and nice! even though you dont THINK about it when you're playing!

but would be cool seeing some birds flying around on some map maybe, like on skeltstonhead by thief spawn...maybe even bats or whatever...yeye, you get my point...
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

I think the word you're looking for is ambience. :grin:

Comment

Yea, thats right..."ambience"... well I guess ambience is sound only? I were also thinking of maybe not hearing a dog but having a dog running around on the maps...would be very cool (he wont do guards/thieves nothing), the dogs just there, even maybe cats also, digging inside trash cans for food, hehe..small mice running in street corners maybe, stuff like that..

Ah, I know quit thievery and a ambience sound were still there in windows....a water dripping sound...pretty cool having ambience in windows ffs! :grin:
      gonna try making one for windows =D

Comment

Originally posted by LoUie
        even maybe cats also, digging inside trash cans for food
        Trash cans?
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Well hm..isnt it called "thrash can" ? :roll:
          Well aww, you know what I mean? You know what you always se in the movies A cat digging inside (gonna explain the word: A metal bin you have outside with an cover over it where you throw your trash) You know what I mean?
          hehe Well, maybe they hadn't invented that yet in that year NB is gonna take place...Whats that? Medievil times (?)

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that lesson on domestics, but I already knew what a trashcan was, and yes I was being a sarcastic twat because its set in some wierd medievel time... I dont there are many trashcans. :grin:
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

hehehe, well, my english, you maked me confused...if I really used the right word "trash can" and I believe I did, thats why I think twice, and came to maybe that was the early having it in the game...didnt think of that..haha..well, the rest of it is quite cool though.. I at least think 8)

Comment

I've always found it disturbing when I hear dogs and cats, especially from a particular direction, yet I never see them.
                "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

ah, ambience is one of the greatest things....get used to it!
                  and ambience is very important for these types of games -> thief/thievery/night-blade!

Comment

Some levels have sounds. If you go to the dungeon on DE you will listen to someone being tortured by...
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

Of course there will be ambience in NightBlade. I won't allow Dalai to release without it. :wink:

Actually, it's up to the mappers to add such things.

Comment

hehe, nice!
                        well, what do you think about the other "map decorations" ? like having a dog on a map for example just running around barking sometimes...

Comment

yes refering to dogs, why aren't there any dogs? I hear the guards talking about "The dogs need looking after, I must mention it to Thornton" What dogs?! Somebody should design a dog skin for nightblade. Also, will there be animal types in NB like: spiders and more?

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
                            yes refering to dogs, why aren't there any dogs? I hear the guards talking about "The dogs need looking after, I must mention it to Thornton" What dogs?! Somebody should design a dog skin for nightblade. Also, will there be animal types in NB like: spiders and more?
                            I'm fairly certain it isn't Dogs he says... Or Thornton for that matter...

Sound more like he says Darkness instead of dogs...[/quote]

Comment

I think it's "The dogs need looking after, I must mention it to Thorpton". I put barking dogs in the distance on Breandor solely because I knew the guards would say that occasionally

Like mOdEtWo said, it's up to mappers to include such things. Without any sounds, a map feels dead, and it's a crappy designer indeed who doesn't include them in the final version.

Comment

Working...
                              X