OT: UT2k3 wont connect..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: UT2k3 wont connect..

I'm using it thruogh sockscap beacuse I dont have a router at the moment and AOL are being stingy (with the router system)

Anyway it keeps saying "Authentication failed". Would it matter if I am running a dodgy copy? if so I can get a fresh one....
    Boss: Can you at least make coffee?
    Guy: It didn't work out at my last job
    Boss: where did you last work?
    Guy: Starbucks

You cant play online with a... "dodgy copy"...

Comment

e.g. a non-valid cd-key.

However, you can play on certain servers using Unreal4all. But you can only play on servers that have Unreal4all installed.

I'd rather get a valid copy.

Comment

UT2k4 is looking pretty cheap anyway.. ebgames have it for $40 (even the 2 dvd version) plus you get a $20 off voucher for a future purchase. MB said the headset you get with it is worth $35. Soon they'll be giving it away...

Also don't forget you can get some money off if you bought UT2k3 previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
          UT2k4 is looking pretty cheap anyway.. ebgames have it for $40 (even the 2 dvd version) plus you get a $20 off voucher for a future purchase. MB said the headset you get with it is worth $35. Soon they'll be giving it away...

The rebate voucher is only 10$, which you can use if you already own ut2k3.
          The headset is also only 25$... It's this one: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6339 (With blue ear pads instead)

Still an awesome deal, especially for the SE version.

Comment

Strange how the special edition seems to be the same price as the regular one...
            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

The $20 voucher I'm talking about is different to the $10 ut2k3 one, it's here and doesn't require you to have bought ut2k3:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebat...ealTourn04.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai

um... UK BUYER!!!.....
                Boss: Can you at least make coffee?
                Guy: It didn't work out at my last job
                Boss: where did you last work?
                Guy: Starbucks

Comment

would the special edition a good deal now? I think of buying it!?
                  "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Ok, does the normal edition come with the headset? And how do you get the $10 off? Because I don't think I have the box anymore.

Can you get it just with the CD key?
                    The only constant is change.
                    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                      Ok, does the normal edition come with the headset? And how do you get the $10 off? Because I don't think I have the box anymore.

Can you get it just with the CD key?
                      No headset with normal edition... Just the game.
                      No one know how exactly the the 10$ off will work.

Comment

yeah but Dalai right ut2k4 (demo) looks in some ways really cheap! :|
                        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Its cheap because they really didn't make that many enhancements to it.
                          In other words its basically UT2003 with the vehicle code completed which they
                          didn't do with UT2003. With the vehicles they were able to add the onslaught
                          gametype, oh and they put Assault back in also which they should have done with ut2003. Too me it looks like a way to make more money by finally finishing
                          the game that UT2003 should have been.

Note: to thier credit , it seems like 2004 plays alot better than ut2003.
                          another example of tweaking the game 2003 should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                            Note: to thier credit , it seems like 2004 plays alot better than ut2003.
                            another example of tweaking the game 2003 should have been.
                            what do you mean with that? That you can play the new one better!? And you mean the deathmatch mode in ut2k3 is differeent to ut2k4?

Comment

I really don't like UT2003, it's just not as fun or enjoyable as the original UT....
                              Okay... it's got improved graphics, new game types but it still doesn't have the same feel as UT. Taking out the sniper rifle and assult game type was suicide by the developers. The sniper rifle was one of the coolest weapons, the lightening gun just looks lame and takes too long to reload.
                              And the deathmatch isn't as fast or as vibrant as UT.... it feels cold, sterile.... Unpleasing.
                              The only reason I still have UT2K3 on my computer taking up 2.5 gigs of HD space or whatever is because of Night-Blade....
                              And that'd probably be the only reason I buy UT2K4.

I agree, the marketing is just lame, they should've kept UT2K3 and never released it, but made it what UT2K4 is going to be then released it.
                              There is no life, there is only WoW

Comment

Working...
                              X