UT2004 demo works on my pc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2004 demo works on my pc!

I downloaded the UT2004 demo to see how badly it would work on my pc, but to my surprise it works almost perfectly! Only the Onslaught map causes a slight fps drop now and then, but the other maps work just fine, with the details still normal.

I'm actually amazed how much I can still squeeze from this old processor (500 mhz Celeron)... I do have 256 mb ram and an 64 mb Geforce 3, but still it's funny that newer games work this well.

The point being: I just might be able to play Alien Swarm/NightBlade on this relic after all when they come out! Happy...
    My cats are black! How about yours?

Cool. UT2k3/4 do have very good performance, I get way above my monitor's refresh rate in FPS on all the official maps.

Comment

2004 seems to get a better preformance on every comp.Atleast that is what they say.

Comment

HD requirements: 5500 mb??
        Whoa, it's huge!
        That would mean like purging a lot of stuff from my HD.
        My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Is UT04 on a DVD or something?
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
            Dvd or 6 cd's.

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
              where have you been?

its all we've been talking about for months now.

and its 2 DVD's or six CDs, btw. over five Gigs.
              "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

5 gigs? Like hell I'm wasting more than an eighth of my harddrive for a game I probably won't even play. And I though 3 gigs for KOTOR was outrageous...
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

lol, me too! but i hoping to be paid soon so i shall get an 80GB HD and another 512MB stick of Corsiar XMS.

Comment

Yeah, i got it and checked it out , Vehicular Manslaughter =Favorite kill type, oh yeah has anyone else noticed how they included the *.int's for maps? i mean they coulda took those out so u wouldn't have 2 dl as much :\, Oh and by the way has anyone else checked out the Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow demo? not much but its fun 8)
                    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                      HD requirements: 5500 mb??
                      Whoa, it's huge!
                      That would mean like purging a lot of stuff from my HD.
                      yeah its 5 gigs, fortunately I have a 80 gig harddrive only half full

Comment

I have three pc's, 2 80gb hardrives EACH . My dad works in a comp shop, they had a big sale on hardrives and I get discount. Mwuhahahaha my hardrives 0wn u all. I have every game i've ever bought, i have deleted nothing, and i'm about one 20th through my space. I still have doom and wolf3d and the almighty space invaders! Are there any other stupidly sized games out there? I want to fill my hungry fat PC. Far Cry works reasonably well on most comps and that takes 4gb. So far i've wasted a gb or something on ut mods, maps, muts, weps, vehicles and editor faqs. I wanna learn how to use unrealED.
                        "I call anything I dont understand "technical issues". My girlfriend loves it when I call her that"

Comment

Man this post makes me feel like, so inferior.... :roll:
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

Yeah, anyone know the normal install size of UT99? I just noticed mine is taking up just over 2 gigs...
                            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

about 400MB's i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X