Brush problems with ued3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brush problems with ued3.

I just wondered if anyone knows how to fix the following recurring problem.

Ive started work on a NB map in the ut2k4 version of UEd3 (but most errors are in all builds) , but when I build it all the brushes lengthen themselves.

Eg. If I have a wall like this: -|- in 2d view after I click build (or build all ) unreal ed shows the wall as looking like this in 3d view:

|
    |
    ----|----
    |
    |
    |

yet in 2d the brushes never change in size etc. If I change the 3d view to wiremesh the extended parts of the wall do not show, yet when I switch back to 3d view they're still right in front of me :S
    Also when I go in game hoping it's an editor bug, the extended walls are still there and very solid. Anyone know how to fix this? if a better explanation is needed i can take screenshots to show what I mean better
    Everything was going so nicely too (for once :roll: ).[/list]
    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Have you tried doing 'transform permanently' on your brushes?

Comment

hi Dalai, the above solution wouldn't be applicable to my problem too would it?
      http://www.3dbuzz.com/

i'm real stuck!

i made a level called UWA for RvS last Oct, now i want to convert it for use in a UT2k3 mod.
      however it needs rescaling, so i imported the BSP selected it all and scaled it to 0.5 in size.
      small problem; all the geometry in the schematic views is squiffed beyond belief. bits mishaped, bits misplaced, bits missing, the whole schebang!
      but it gets weirder. if you use camera view all appears fine. so i do a rebuild. still borked in 2d and fine in 3d?????

so i do a test.......................... and it works fine! any ideas?

here is a pic:
      http://users.aber.ac.uk/mjg97/wtf1.jpg
      http://users.aber.ac.uk/mjg97/wtf2.jpg

regards
      furunculus

Comment

This might sound stupid if you knew this already, but I have to ask. Did you resize the brush under the "brush" section of the properties? The quick resize thing that you can use at the right bottom of the page counts only for display, so the brush LOOKS smaller / bigger , but in "real life" it's still the same. This function is used for things like static meshes.

Anyways, try to resize the brush when you rightclick the brush, go to properties and then find the size section in there.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Yes furunculus, you need to select all your brushes and 'transform permanently' them before exporting. Unfortunately, this will mess up the texturing on some surfaces (although things don't look textured in those pics).

Comment

Transform permenantly did absolutely nothing And I tried exporting and reimporting to see what would happen and it only exported/imported one brush :x

As to phae's comment, that's the only way I know how to modify the brushes is through the properties , but it's happening on other brushes too that I didn't modify after adding to the map, that for once (a rare thing for me) I actually spent 10mins on each brush making the red builder brush fit 100% perfectly .
            Furunculus, mine isn't like that, as mines fine in 2d, but not in 3d.

Here's a screenshot of the map:

http://home.ripway.com/2003-9/26131/extendedwall.jpg

In 2d view ive drawn those little red lines to show the true size of the walls.

In 3d view I have encircled the extended parts in red and also textured them with the blue texture (oddly enough even though the brush doesn't exsist I can still select it to texture, but cant move it etc as it isn't there.

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

One think you want to do is set the grid to a minimum of 4 when making brushes...
              2 for really special placement. And always make sure the size of the brush is in the power of 2... Got below, and you risk both badly placed brushes, badly sized brushes and a world filled with BSP Holes....

How to fix that brush problem? I dunno.
              Try reseting everything for the builder brush, and maybe the brushes you made to...

Comment

ops: turned out the brushes that were the problem were indeed just ones I had modified in the brush properties but had forgotten (i did the map at 3am) that id modified them ops: Though I did it how I usually modify brushes and ive had no problems in ued2, oh well 8)

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                X