suggestion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion....

Well.. I think can someone convert thievery levels to night-blade or remake them to it?? That would be great ! well anyway thanks !
    "Listen up! Teamwork means staying out of my way!" -Seifer
    "I brought the wrong map..." -Laguna
    Player name: WishMaster2003 or Musis

Why don't you do it?

Comment

Yeah, great idea Wishmaster! (Really!)
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Thanks.., but I don't know how to do it ? I have never done it before...

Edit: Well..I'll try
        "Listen up! Teamwork means staying out of my way!" -Seifer
        "I brought the wrong map..." -Laguna
        Player name: WishMaster2003 or Musis

Comment

Haven't we discussed this beforein another thread somewhere and said this was not such a good idea? Can't remember why however.
          Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

Maybe cos NightBlade is going to play different what with it being a little more combat focused and thieves not being able to put out torches and all that?
            The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

Comment

Who says they can't put out torches?

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                Who says they can't put out torches?
                It can't be done since the engine doesn't allow for dynamic lightmaps. So you can't turn a bright area into shadow like you can do in thievery.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker
                  Haven't we discussed this beforein another thread somewhere and said this was not such a good idea? Can't remember why however.
                  A straight conversion of the Thievery maps is bad because they are heavy on BSP and thus would run slower (and look uglier) than UT2k3/4 maps. It's probably not too bad an idea to do a proper conversion of the maps though, recreating them from the ground up. This would also allow some restructuring so the map is better suited for Nightblade, if it is necessary.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

The players definitely need a bit more space... and also more possibilities for Z-axis movement.
                    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                      A straight conversion of the Thievery maps is bad because they are heavy on BSP and thus would run slower (and look uglier) than UT2k3/4 maps. It's probably not too bad an idea to do a proper conversion of the maps though, recreating them from the ground up. This would also allow some restructuring so the map is better suited for Nightblade, if it is necessary.
                      bsp isn't any slower on 2k4 than it was in UT?!?!

do you mean that to recreate a thievery level to the standard of a Nightblade level would involve using lotsmore bsp? if so then i agree, but that's still not a problem given the speed PC's run at these days.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                        Blah blah blah...
                        That didn't answer my question.

Comment

Originally posted by furunculus
                          do you mean that to recreate a thievery level to the standard of a Nightblade level would involve using lotsmore bsp?
                          He means that a Thievery map will need to be upgrade both to fit the scale of nightblade maps, but also to fit the map quality that people expect. A bsp based map in Ut2k4 would look extremely bad...
                          Not to mention the fact that BSP is the devil, and summons BSP holes like mad if you start using it to much.

Comment

Originally posted by Al3xand3r
                            Maybe cos NightBlade is going to play different what with it being a little more combat focused and thieves not being able to put out torches and all that?
                            Ahh, so the terrible rumours surrounding NB are true
                            These days I find that I can't be bothered,
                            To argue with them - well what's the point?
                            Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                              Originally posted by furunculus
                              do you mean that to recreate a thievery level to the standard of a Nightblade level would involve using lotsmore bsp?
                              He means that a Thievery map will need to be upgrade both to fit the scale of nightblade maps, but also to fit the map quality that people expect. A bsp based map in Ut2k4 would look extremely bad...
                              Not to mention the fact that BSP is the devil, and summons BSP holes like mad if you start using it to much.
                              i agree that the map would have to be rebuilt from the ground up to accomodate nightblade gameplay, and that SM's are essential for detailed work to create authentic (non-blocky) interiors.

but architecture is still best (mostly) done in BSP because it lights better, where there is a specific need for SM because it cannot be replicated in BSP then do so by all means.

[EDIT] i have never had much problem with BSP holes, and it has always been easily correctable when found [/EDIT]

Comment

Working...
                              X