No announcement yet.

A note on UT2k3/UT2k4 for all mappers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note on UT2k3/UT2k4 for all mappers.

Ok, so we're definately going with UT2k4 now for NightBlade. Yes, I'm annoyed I had to buy two copies of practially the same game too.

However, don't worry that your maps are wasted. Continue mapping in 2k3 because the maps are easily portable to 2k4 (however this is not reversible). I don't know where we stand on a 2k4 mapping pack or what but stick with what you have for the sake of compatibility. Once NB gets completely ported to 2k4 we'll sort out all the niggles.

I just don't want anyone who's started a map to think that their efforts are wasted, everything will be fixable and once NB is released it will be possible to add all the required NB-specific actors etc to your levels.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

using 2k4, but i look forward to an updated mapping pack.

Comment

Ok good, so it won't take more than 5 minutes to convert maps?
      SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

oh goody! i was worried about ahving to copy each and every actor/static mesh/ texture across individually. Only 2k3 meshes will serve a problem then.

shouldn't take me more than an hour!
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

any chance of an updated mapping pack sometime soon?

Comment

Yea i was about to ask the same.

Comment

You can use the mapping map in UT2k4 as well.
              The only thing that happens is that Ued will optimize the Mesh packages everytime you open them. To stop this, you just have to save the package afterwards.
              Maps can also be opened in ut2k4 easily.

Comment

Ahh...wasn't too sure if resaving them would cause file incompatibilities, so I left that alone.

The only problem to mention with opening maps in 2k4 and saving them again is that you can't go back to 2k3. Although if you have 2k4...why would you want to?
                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -
                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
                X