Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Hello Everyone,
    As the newest member of the team, I thought I should introduce myself.
    I'm gonna be helping out with sound for NB.
    I've been an avid Thief fan since TDP and a huge fan of TUT. I've mostly played it on the LAN with friends, but still...
    Anyway, I've worked in a professional recording studio in the past, on projects ranging from rock-bands/classical-ensambles to indie film soundtracks to foley effects. In addition, I have a studio in my basement with a few decent mics so I can record voice actors and foley effects.
    On top of the many hours of fun I've had playing TUT, what I've seen in the wiki is demonstrative of what an excellent talent pool this team has! I look forward to helping in any way I can.
    Other skills, should you need them, and should I have the time, include photoshop (textures?), Linux admin/Cisco engineer, member of the SCA...This last one may not seem relevant, but I have access to all sorts of historical information, etc...That may be helpful for atmospheric ideas, and such...Dunno...
    Oh yes...Last, but not least I have...TIME! Only have to work about 20 hrs a week to pay the bills, so I shall be quite available for this project.
    Anyway, cheers to all of you for your excellent work and I look forward to seeing more as the project progresses.

Ambient_Silence
    <DeepQ> In any case, the real discussion was thief rush?
    <Mordengaard> No, the real discussion was Guards Getting Bored
    <DeepQ> oh yea
    <DeepQ> Well, that's what rats are for

Great! Now can you tell me when the next update will be?
    A Hard-Core Thief Fan since 2001

Comment

Or when the first release would be.

I'm estimating not until next year. I'm hoping too, as i need to buy 2K4 first.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Couldn't begin to guess...
        I haven't even met most of the team (should I have posted this in the dev forum I wonder?), but the answer would probably be another iteration of the one you have seen a dozen times on this forum: 'When it's done'...
        <DeepQ> oh yea

Comment

I don't want a release date. I want an update. There hasn't been one for half a year.
          A Hard-Core Thief Fan since 2001

Comment

Greetings and welcome! Sincere thanks to you for assisting with this amazing project. The Thievery community appreciates you!
            You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Comment

Welcome m8
              Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

See what did I tell ya Ambient_Sound, you'd get a nice welcome. I'll say it again, this time on the board. Welcome!

Comment

Greeting Ambient_Silence. Welcome aboard on team Black Cat Games.

Comment

Herzlich Wilkommen! May you enjoy your stay... STAY FOREVAR!!!
                    Red Guard
                    Thievery UT

Comment

*DeepQantas fires the parasite launcher at Ambient_Silence ---
                      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Welcome to the Dark Evil Feline of Darkness and Evil!
                        Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
                        :: Howard Scott

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks for the warm fuzzies all!
                            Sorry for the delay, but I've been doing battle with the Telco demons to get my DSL up...In the end, I had to rewire the phone line myself...

M4A1:

Yup, I wanted an update too and it seemed the best way to get one (not to mention speed up the release date) was to offer to help! All I can say, from what I've seen, is it'll definately be worth the wait!

NB Team:

I appologise in advance, but you will probably all hear allot of questions from me as I'm in the process of working out a script for the voice actors in addition to trying to figure out how to prioritise foley work. I realise that many of you actuall have a rl, no rush on responses.

Thanks again
                            /me
                            <DeepQ> oh yea

Comment

Working...
                            X