Por Favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Por Favor

I know this is rather a big request, but would it be possible for you guys to release a fraction of a real NB level or a demo-level so we oblivious mappers can see what is expected visually, light-wise, theme-wise, size-wise, etc for nightblade? Its a lot easier to map when you know what you're trying to make.

I'm going to go ahead and download the Mapping Pack, but I can't assure you that it will help me much for NB specific mapping.

I can assure you though, that you've piqued my interest.
    "Crack the panel!"
    "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Did you check out the NightBlade trailer yet?

Comment

Yes I have, but I still don't have much of a clue on how I should structure things around the loot chests and how exactly the crates can be used and what size ledges people need to hang from etc. The best way to learn to map for a specific game is to dissect the existing maps, and right now we have none :0(
      "Crack the panel!"
      "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

I'll wait for one of the NightBlade mappers to answear this. Guess they can give you some clues to get you started.

Comment

The title...
          Im rather curious on what side of the Atlantic are you... Brazil?

About the maping pack it should give you a good start. As for me I got stuck into some nasty bug that prevents me from maping for NB.
          Feel the power of the

Comment

I'm in Texas and no, I'm not originally from south of the US border ... I just needed a title for the post and I couldn't think of what to make it ...
            "Crack the panel!"

Comment

Bit hard to say much about any of this at the moment, as we're all still experimenting with the new gametype (and our mappers are kinda trying to work those things out too, I'm sure). But I suppose a few things can be mentioned:

Shadows - in thievery mappers could afford well lit rooms with torches because thieves could douse them for the shadow (although all the elite players have memorised the lightmapping and hide in itty-bitty shadows cast by railing and things, but I digress). In Nightblade we don't have dynamic shadowmapping so this can't happen. To make up for this a good number of shadows are required. I guess Folly from Thievery is a good example of this.

Theme - basic medieval/victorian with low-level (passive) magic and steampunk possible. Nothing too flashy in either department - there's no mages guild (or if there was it would be a guild of pretenders, kinda like real-life magicians ). Nor are there steambots with cannon arms and a tendancy to spout nonsense about their creator.

Having the thief spawn protected, multiple entry points to important rooms and few (if any) bottlenecks are also good ideas. Many of the guidelines that apply to Thievery maps can equally be applied to Nightblade.
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

an updated mapping pack would be ace...............................? :p

Comment

yes an updated mapping pack would be quite useful.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Having the mod would help a lot too, LOL, but I can wait ... I think ... when is its scheduled release date? Sometime toward the end of August maybe?
                    "Crack the panel!"

Comment

hahahahhahah!
                      LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You're crazy.
                      Immortius' Forge

Comment

The standard response for release dates round these parts is..."When its done."

Comment

Oh ... I was thinking of this ...
                          "Crack the panel!"

Comment

Originally posted by Corion
                            Oh ... I was thinking of this ...
                            Heh, I highly doubt it will be done by then.

Comment

Judging by what i've seen, i'd say somewhere around the end of June.
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X