Dogs - Gameplay advantages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs - Gameplay advantages

I think one thing missing from all the medieval maps is rubbish. Medieval times were not very sanitary, and rubbish was left outside of kitchens etc this is where mice n cats would hunt.... and of course a dog...

I think it'd be fun having a dog attatch itself to a thief n follow him about... or a guard n chase down a thief.... or alert guards... hate to see them killed tho... so must'nt be able to kill them... KO them maybe. But I think a dog could add a real extra twist to game play, from both sides. A dog could warn a thief if a guard is coming, or warn a guard of a nearby thief.

You could use that instead of a mechanical whislter (which wasn't invented then). And it has the added bonus of being able to chase either a guard or thief, or just annoy a thief or guard by followiing them around wimpering for food lol.. n if u threw it some food it would work for you lol... ooooo i like that idea lol... hehehe

What do you all think? Cool idea? lol

i dont know lol....... this could seem like a good idea but lol were dogs even invented in those times? i dont know lol
    JM

Comment

Originally posted by venus6001
      You could use that instead of a mechanical whislter (which wasn't invented then).
      Whistlers have been invented now?

Anyway... that's kind of bizarre. The Thief universe closely parallels the real world in Medieval/Victoria eras but by no means needs to follow it.
      Nightmaster,
      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

hehe I think it'd be fun idea... more real, I'm a real fan of realism in games...which is why i hate games with monsters. bleh... give me humans nyday,....

but dogs would work... cats n mice rummaging around teh gargbage...

Comment

As in... coded, modelled and skinned cats and dogs that would take up resources to display on your screen in the heat of battle?

I think I understand.
          Nightmaster,

Comment

I think most modern machines could handle it pretty well... u only need say 2 dogs... one for guards n one for thieves.... they are independant of each... n obviously first to feed them gets to use them lol... oh course they'd spawn opp sides of map... so both sides get a chance at one lol... u could order it to sit n guard like a whislter, or chase lol... be fun lol...

Comment

sounds...

actually it sounds like there's at least 1 other thread for this. necroposting doens't seem to bother you, venus, so why not use those threads?

It's pretty easy to make a cat model and make it walk back and forth across a ledge. Making them follow a thief, guard, and have 'thought' f their own is a different story.

Also, please remember that some people won't bo using the "most modern of machines".
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Well, half the point was that the lads in AI coding might not be too excited about having to take on animals as well as the very complex tasks they already have.
                It just seems a general waste of time for what's essentially a "novelty" feature, and Dalai and co don't strike me as the kind of people who'd add something into a game holding almost zero value other than passing entertainment.

Unless it involved giraffes.
                Nightmaster,

Comment

Maybe on SOME maps, like the pet spiders on Th-Spider, nothing clever, just extra drones which follow you round urinate on BSP holes.
                  ~TuF~

Comment

Why should the dogs be unkillable --;;...that would be annoying if all you could do is KO them and then they wake up and chase you around again...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

cats, dogs, and rats will probably make an appearance. for gameplay and environment reasons.
                      Red Guard
                      Thievery UT

Comment

These cats...Will they have sniper rifles?

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                          These cats...Will they have sniper rifles?
                          I hope they do

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

i wat o be a cat.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

But you're already a cool cat, Rad.

Let's hope the redeemer-toting Rat comes back in Nightblade in a big way
                              Nightmaster,

Comment

Working...
                              X