Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood

Okay, so I know jack about nightblade, but here's a small suggestion.

Seeing as we'll have thief vs. thief battles, there's gonna be a lot of 'poking in the dark' (anyone who has played a thiefmatch or two knows what I'm talking about). Basically, you start killing a thief, he flees to the shadows to never be seen again, which is sort of annoying.

How about if your life drops below 75% or 50%, every time you take damage, you will bleed for a few seconds (time = proportionate to how much damage you take or at what percentage life)? Compare this to Thievery's bloody footsteps, but with bloodspats instead of footprints. This way, you'd be able to hunt down a thief even a few seconds after he escapes, and it wouldn't mean a thief could just avoid opponents by continually hiding in shadows, even after a confrontation.

It's one thing that has allways bugged me about Thievery when I played guard. The relative ease at which thieves can just shake you off in a small/medium sized shadow after taking loads and loads of damage.

Inivisibility potions and health potions would cancel bleeding.

sorta like bloody footsteps butwiht blood gushing from your veins?
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

i dont think invisi potions should cancle bleeding, but health potions i do agree with, because invisi potions wouldnt make things that leave ur body invisi too, its like saying the bolts they shoot should be invisi as well...but this is a snazzy idea! very cool! except i think that as long as the thief is hit they should have droplets of blood coming from the approximate area of being hit and they would have to "bandage" the area to stop bleeding.

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
        i dont think invisi potions should cancle bleeding, but health potions i do agree with, because invisi potions wouldnt make things that leave ur body invisi too, its like saying the bolts they shoot should be invisi as well...but this is a snazzy idea! very cool! except i think that as long as the thief is hit they should have droplets of blood coming from the approximate area of being hit and they would have to "bandage" the area to stop bleeding.
        Bleeding would kind off make invis potions useless then, plus you could argue that the invisibility liquid also turns your blood invisible.

And please no bandages. I tried one mod where you had to use bandages once and it was so annoying.

Comment

DoD , but it would seem strange if you can bleed and then u magically stop bleeding..., but invisi potions could still have lots of potential even if blood is still visible, if you have two things that can stop bleeding for theives then ur giving the thief a lot of ways to keep from bleeding in which case bleeding might rarely happen...in that case why has bleeding at all?

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

If the cost of invis potions is realitive to Thievery's, they damn well better make your blood invisible...
            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Hehe... In the early versions there was a bug from ut2k4, that players that had taken some damage, would have blood spurting from them... But not untill they got into another players vision. This blood was not invinsible, even when the the thief was hiding in the shadows. So basically you could be hunting another taffer, loose him in the dark... walk around a bit and suddenly you would see blood coming out of nowhere in that dark corner....
              Dalai quickly removed it after he was killed a few times, when perfectly hidden in the darkness...

Surpringsly easy to score a headshot on a blood stain...

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                It's one thing that has allways bugged me about Thievery when I played guard. The relative ease at which thieves can just shake you off in a small/medium sized shadow after taking loads and loads of damage.

Its also the thing that gave every thief the potential to make a "come back" from a mistake they made.
                How TuF are you?
                League of Legends
                Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Originally posted by Aggamemnon
                  Its also the thing that gave every thief the potential to make a "come back" from a mistake they made.
                  Yes, but seeing as nightblade is going to be more action oriented, this would be a good addition. AFAIK theres no lives system, so a bit of unforgivingness in the mistake department won't neccesarily screw a team over badly. That, and it's just plain annoying if you can't make kills in a fast paced game (too easy to escape).

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    Yes, but seeing as nightblade is going to be more action oriented, this would be a good addition. AFAIK theres no lives system, so a bit of unforgivingness in the mistake department won't neccesarily screw a team over badly. That, and it's just plain annoying if you can't make kills in a fast paced game (too easy to escape).
                    When a thief attacks, or is hit he enters combat mode, which means he won't be able to run to the nearest shadow and disappear...

Comment

It sounds like combat mode disables the very ability that makes a thief a thief. I agree that when you spurt blood, you're not hiding very well, but I should hope that a non-melee thief (like myself) would be able to hide shortly after that if they can get out of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER View Post
                        It sounds like combat mode disables the very ability that makes a thief a thief.

What sort of a thief gets caught in the first place?
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

@ immortus:
                          Hm.... I've got the impression that, online, thieves get caught very fast eventhough they are careful.

Comment

if you don't want to a thief to get away there are plenty of tools at the guard's disposal, in thievery (tag, para, fire, flares, sound, predicting, blocking) just as will most likely be the case in nightblade.
                            Taking damage is bad enough without limiting the ability of thieves to make their escape imo.
                            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

What about the blood loss would be around 1 second. (Damage wouldn't be over time, only the graphics).
                              So guards could see the first flee-direction but thieves could escape by turning and running in other directions after they stopped bleeding.

Comment

Working...
                              X