MP Testing for NightBlade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Testing for NightBlade

I like the looks of this mod im very mucha fan of LOTR so no suprise hehe anyway i was going to say can we please be testers for this mod we host a MPUK alienswarm server at the moment , but when you have a version ready for download let me know i will upload it to MPUK they will add the mod to are server and we will test away , once again looks great from what i have read and seen so far goodjob guys ... RR

You gotta be joking right ?

Comment

I didn't know nightblade was based on lord of the rings....
      <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Oh, I thought he meant Lord of the Onion Rings.
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Nightblade isnt based on LOTR.. so no hobbits and the like .

Comment

Wuts Taters yukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyuk!!!!

My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

Me votes 1st post for quote of the week

Well, Ulukai DOES sound like a LOTR name but... this just made my day
              Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by RahRaider
                I like the looks of this mod im very mucha fan of LOTR so no suprise hehe anyway i was going to say can we please be testers for this mod we host a MPUK alienswarm server at the moment , but when you have a version ready for download let me know i will upload it to MPUK they will add the mod to are server and we will test away , once again looks great from what i have read and seen so far goodjob guys ... RR
                Thanks for hosting the MPUK server, RahRaider. Glad you enjoy Alien Swarm!

We will be in need of testers for Nightblade soon, so feel free to send a message here with your contact details, how much free time you have on a regular basis, any previous experience you've had with software testing and other reasons why you'd be a good pick for a tester. The more information you give us about your skills and ability to accurately and concisely report bugs, the better! Please only apply if you're willing to make a serious commitment to the project.

Thanks!

Comment

We will be in need of testers for Nightblade soon
                  nice

Comment

It's a game with swords and bows in it. Therefor it's obviously based off of LOTR, because Tolkien invented the middle ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjective Effect
                      nice
                      Ditto!

Ya know, I picked up a copy of UT2K4 in anticipation of NB. I also figured that UT2K4 itself would be interesting in itself to play...well it's ok... shallow gameplay though. I get bored after about 15 mins. I know it looks pretty, has nice modelling and bsp details, good physics, as well as having several different game modes with many different maps...but it still seems too shallow.... Hard to explain. I mean even Onslaught with the vehicles, power nodes, objectives, etc. gets kind of blahh after 15 minutes or so...
                      Maybe I'm just hung up on the thief experience. The default setting is too fast for me as well.

Devs -> Will NB matches be running at the same game speed as the default UT2K4 setting?

Comment

Try some of the UT2k4 mods. There are some more tactical approaches (hint hint, Swarm) but in general the games are pretty fast.

The main game can seem fast if you are on a server with many people and you don't know the maps. But really it is all about twitch gameplay and that takes effect in Thievery too.

Therefore I reckon Nightblade will have the same gameplay speed.

NB: There is no problem with twitch gameplay in stealth games BUT the unlimited stamina is a big issue for me. Tearing around on constant run is just stupid for stealth, especially when the Thieves have to walk in order to stay quiet. I know alot of people like it but imho if you are going to do stealth then just do it. Without compromising for DMers.

Comment

I just loved the stamina meter in Thief, Metal Gear, Hitman and Splinter Cell.
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I suppose that when you get caught or spotted by an enemy, you should walk away at leisurely pace. It's realistic, after all.

I know that's not what you're saying, but still. These guys are probably physically fit enough to take a little sustained jog.

Comment

Thief, Metal Gear, Hitman and Splinter Cell.
                              Are these multiplayer? No. And that is why it makes a difference.
                              I suppose that when you get caught or spotted by an enemy, you should walk away at leisurely pace. It's realistic, after all.
                              Don't make me laugh. I suppose that when you get tired you. . . keep on running. And look, the lactic acid poisoning doesn't touch this guy!! Even after 10 hours constant sprinting. Amazing!! How "realistic".

Comment

Working...
                              X