Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Ok... in the game call of duty (PC), when i play it when the connection interrupted thing comes up i wait awhile and then i keep playing. Call of Duty is a game that won't disconnect you in any way. Can nightblade be like that in any way so i won't have to wait a couple months till i figure out whats happening?

(if you don't know what i'm talking about go to the Thievery Discussion page and look up Connection Failed thread).
    My Profile Sux.

Most games are like that. Thievery will pop up a little icon when there's problems between you and the server mid game. I think Unreal did it too.
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

yes i know is see the sign heres it goes: first pop sign goes away pop another sign (both are one second)then the next time it happens it take like 3 seconds then another 3 seconds and the final results to a connection failed.
      My Profile Sux.

Comment

I think UT2k4 netcode + server settings will decide this, not the modified NightBlade code.

I could be terribly wrong on that, though
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Yeah, we really can't do anything about it, it's part of the engine.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

hmm... (sighs) well i'm focked
            My Profile Sux.

Comment

Originally posted by sky-fiwa-
              hmm... (sighs) well i'm focked
              Maybe get a decent internet connection to avoid those issues.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Easy to avoid.

Ask the server admin to put his max timeout limit up, so that when you do lag, you just lag for ages, and dont leave the game wasting a life.

I asked brody to do this for me when my internet was desynchronising and it did the trick.

You might need longer though. Tell me for how long each "lag-attack" lasts and i will see what i can do
                Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

whats the max timeout limit necros? and the "attack" lasts like 20 seconds and ty neccy
                  My Profile Sux.

Comment

Timeout is how long the server will let you go without sending/recieving a packet before disconnecting you
                    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

i see but how can i contact brody necros?
                      My Profile Sux.

Comment

You could try PMing him on these forums.
                        Based on a true story.
                        The prequel.

Comment

An even better suggestion would be if NB had a KillCam just like COD.
                          So when you died/Ko'ed it would replay what happened from a thier point of view.

That'd be sweet.
                          deserve victory

Comment

Originally posted by beast
                            An even better suggestion would be if NB had a KillCam just like COD.
                            So when you died/Ko'ed it would replay what happened from a thier point of view.

That'd be sweet.
                            And even better yet, check to see whether a player died by lagout and Don't remove a player from the lives pool so it doesn't screw the rest of the team out of a life.
                            http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~mbanes...summonslue.gif

Comment

That could likely be abused...
                              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X