Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been suggested people have to buy blackjacks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been suggested people have to buy blackjacks....

Why don't they make it the same with bows? Thieves could be given a whole lot extra cash (for trading in all the arrows and the bow) and use it for ghosting, flashing guards, speeding away, etc. Maybe for guards Xbow as well, make a close combat guard with no range but nasty mace and speed potions... Just a thought...
    <makes love to TuT again and again...and again>

As has been pointed out before, bows are used for more than just broadheads. Not having a bow would cripple any kind of thief, while the only use of a blackjack to a ghoster is taking out whistlers.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Unless the ghoster is reasonably intelligent and takes out guards when they can.

Comment

DB, regardless of how much it would cripple someone, I think it should be an option. You woudlnt HAVE to play with it, just if you wanted a challenge, or a new twist on gameplay. (And maybe instead of trading in the bow, just the broadheads for a bit of cash instead could be done)
        <makes love to TuT again and again...and again>

Comment

I actually agree with this idea-ive ben thinking about it for a while-Thieves should be able to sell arrows they're not going to use. I never use broadheads when im ghosting-and it would be great to have that little extra money-i dont think bow/bj should be a buyable item but selling the arrows is a gr8 idea 8)
          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
            Unless the ghoster is reasonably intelligent and takes out guards when they can.
            Intelligence has nothing to do with it. In almost all cases, leaving the guard be is the better option -- although I'm not going to get into the reasons again here. Even aside from that, though, I ghost because I enjoy it. I'm sorry if you don't like that, I'm sure as hell not going to change for you.

Originally posted by ToTT
            DB, regardless of how much it would cripple someone, I think it should be an option. You woudlnt HAVE to play with it, just if you wanted a challenge, or a new twist on gameplay. (And maybe instead of trading in the bow, just the broadheads for a bit of cash instead could be done)
            You could also just not use it if you want a challenge. Starting out with no broadheads and having to buy them, I'd be fine with that -- but the bow and different arrows are central to thieving.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Working...
            X