Multiple page sketch maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple page sketch maps

I think we need multi page sketch maps (A La Thief2) so mappers can have sketch maps that show different areas of a level. Then you could have a seperate map for the rectory, the church, and the sewers in Korman for instance. Insted of one big map that smooshes them all together.
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Or maybe multipler pages for multiple levels of a map? For example, the three floors in Nostalgia.

Comment

That would be nice.

What would also be nice is having maps use the highest texture detail and not whatever the world texture detail is set at. Then we could see what the maps are meant to look like, instead of something that's missing a lot of detail.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Omg! people actually play in low texture detail!?
        "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

from what I hear people have already asked Dalai for this feature to be included in 1.3- this was last year so i wouldnt be surprised if they're in alrdy 8)
          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

No, no multipage maps at present. It's something I could do if I sat down to it, just there always seems to be more pressing bugs to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
              No, no multipage maps at present. It's something I could do if I sat down to it, just there always seems to be more pressing bugs to deal with.
              <knows what Dalai means>

Shall i add this? nah I can't be bothered, i'll fix this instead....

(original idea gets forgotten)
              ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                Omg! people actually play in low texture detail!?
                Some people run at 640x480 too.
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Hah! You young'uns with your fancy 'three-dee axshellerators'! Why, it was not 4 years ago I was waiting 5 minutes for UT to boot up, and when it did, I played it in 320x200 software with low everything detail and 20 fps and by golly I LIKED it.

Actually, our new comp isn't much better at running UT since it was optimized for 3dFX glide. We can run UT2003 faster and better than old UT.
                  M-M-M-M-MONSTER BLACKJACK... jack... jack... jack...

Comment

UT runs and looks best under Gilde...
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

..............removes and bins his Geforce4 and puts in his old voodoo2.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                        UT runs and looks best under Gilde...
                        I think you mean OpenGl. Right? Right??

Comment

An argument against multipage sketch maps:
                          One of the main uses of the map is to see where your team-mates are. If you split the map into multiple pages, you'd have to flip thru all of em to see that. Unless you make one of the pages a map of the whole level, like we have now - then that'd be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
                            An argument against multipage sketch maps:
                            One of the main uses of the map is to see where your team-mates are. If you split the map into multiple pages, you'd have to flip thru all of em to see that. Unless you make one of the pages a map of the whole level, like we have now - then that'd be ok.
                            As it is, though, on multilevel maps you can't tell whether you're above or below your teammates. It can be quite confusing.

Perhaps a method of showing different levels of a map on a single page?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              As it is, though, on multilevel maps you can't tell whether you're above or below your teammates. It can be quite confusing.

Perhaps a method of showing different levels of a map on a single page?
                              True. But along with the location info on F1 (for those maps where it's actually implemented) you can generally tell where people are.

A single-page map showing all the levels would be great, though. Even if each level has to be drawn small, the point of this map would be to quickly locate team-mates, so it wouldn't need to be too detailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X