Whistler necklace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistler necklace.

How it would work is that you can either have it or the helmet but not both. But when a thief touches the guard it would act just like a regular whistler and emit a whistle and light up the area a little bit (only about 1/2 the radius of a flare or less). So that guard is aware to the presence of a thief. But if hit by a blackjack (frontal or otherwise) or a water arrow it shatters just like a helmet would.

hmmm i don't know about not having a helmet on too. I think it would take some work and some stuff should be added to it. On other hand it would elimnate dm thiefs.
    The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

How about we just strap a rock to our heads and all is good!.

Comment

Interesting idea.

But I think that the guards are already aware enough of the presence of thieves in the area without giving them even more advantages.
        "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
        even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
        of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Besides, Whislers are motion activated (as it states on the TheiveryUT website) so in theory it should be going off all the time!

I DO think that normal whislers should make a little "wurring" noice before comming active tho, kinda to signify the mechanical workings comming online.
          ~TuF~

Comment

"... and here we have Peter, modelling this seasons stylish whistler-hat!..."

Oh yes! TheMachine! What a great idea! I want whistlers to have amient sounds like watchers! Or at least click or hiss every once and a while, to give taffers some warning!

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
              "... and here we have Peter, modelling this seasons stylish whistler-hat!..."

Oh yes! TheMachine! What a great idea! I want whistlers to have amient sounds like watchers! Or at least click or hiss every once and a while, to give taffers some warning!
              HISSING! yes! They should spirt steam out every so often, TSHHHHHhhhh. That would give theives a the knowledge that there was a whisler nearby... but where?!
              ~TuF~

Comment

How about guards wearing a pearl necklace?

"Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                  Besides, Whislers are motion activated (as it states on the TheiveryUT website) so in theory it should be going off all the time!
                  Whistlers are only activated by a thief's motion. They don't go off when a guard walks past. Presumably a "whistler necklace" would function the same way.

Aren't whistlers steam powered, though? Not sure I'd want to wear a boiling little pendant right against my throat....

Comment

Working...
                  X