Rats shouldn't affect the game at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rats shouldn't affect the game at all

Rats need to be changed. They shouldn't be allowed to push any object, or change the gameworld in any way whatsoever (except killing other rats).

Rats' ability to push crates is abused mostly by ex-thieves to help their still-living teammates. Guards can do nothing to prevent this since the rats have unlimited lives.

I think rats shouldn't be allowed to push things, but failing that, rats should only get 1 life - after that you have to be in Free Cam or Follow mode.

Isn't that a bug, rather than a feature? Either way, I agree this should be changed.

Comment

I didn't know rats could do that.

I agree. Rats are small and weak, and shouldn't be able to move crates.
      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Yeah! Who talked about a feature here?
        JM

Comment

*sigh* despite the fact I like slapps I'm always disagreeing with him in the forums

I kinda like the push the crates thing. It gives the thief rats a purpose... unstack the objective if they can. It is then the duty of the guards and guard rats to kill the thief rats and set things right. Still its incredibly hard to push the crates off objectives with guards stepping on you and if you manage to move the crate a couple inches big whoop... as soon as the guard has a spare second simply put the crate right back on. It kinda gives purpose to the rat wars thing, which I like.
          "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
          -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Originally posted by Majarisan
            *sigh* despite the fact I like slapps I'm always disagreeing with him in the forums

I kinda like the push the crates thing. It gives the thief rats a purpose... unstack the objective if they can. It is then the duty of the guards and guard rats to kill the thief rats and set things right. Still its incredibly hard to push the crates off objectives with guards stepping on you and if you manage to move the crate a couple inches big whoop... as soon as the guard has a spare second simply put the crate right back on. It kinda gives purpose to the rat wars thing, which I like.
            That would be like allowing ex-guard rats to bite thieves and cause them to be visible for a second. It would annoy the thieves to no end, and there would be nothing they could do about it.

Guards don't want to have to keep re-stacking the crates. You can't stop the rats because they just keep coming back, and you don't want to be distracted from the thieves.

Rats are spectators, and spectators shouldn't be allowed to affect the game. period.

Comment

Regardless, they do affect the game. I recently had a rat lead a guard right to me...the last thief life, and it was tense. Aquatone. Almost had the loot...had all the evidence. Then Radamanthus comes jumping around right next to me, runs off, jumps in front of a guard, runs to me, jumps some more, and BOOM! I'm history.

I'd say make rats invisible, but I like hanging out with the camping guards sometimes. But maybe we should make thieves invisible to rats? This would stop rats from leading the guards over to thieves.

You see Slappy? Thief rats can help their teammates, but I think guard-rats affect the game more.

Comment

I like this idea. Spectator's shouldn't be able to affect the game at all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                  Regardless, they do affect the game. I recently had a rat lead a guard right to me...the last thief life, and it was tense. Aquatone. Almost had the loot...had all the evidence. Then Radamanthus comes jumping around right next to me, runs off, jumps in front of a guard, runs to me, jumps some more, and BOOM! I'm history.

I'd say make rats invisible, but I like hanging out with the camping guards sometimes. But maybe we should make thieves invisible to rats? This would stop rats from leading the guards over to thieves.

You see Slappy? Thief rats can help their teammates, but I think guard-rats affect the game more.
                  callvote kick radamanthus
                  {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                  Contact details updated
                  I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I like rats being able to push crates. At least it gives the guards something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy

callvote kick radamanthus
                      Definitely , such abuses are just like Dead to Live exploits. The counterpart of enabling it on public servers in everyone's interest is that abuses must be punished.

Comment

But maybe we should make thieves invisible to rats?
                        Have you played as a rat?

Because I have, and thieves are invisible to rats.

I know because I saw a fight between a guard and a thief.

The thief was invisible until the guard lit up a flare and revealed, then killed, the thief.
                        "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                        even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                        of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

i think that it's cool that rats can move crates...makes it more realistic and it can help out the thieves...i remember playing korman and they filled the ENTIRE room with crates....so i went in and pushed them all around and kept the guards busy for a while....too bad the crates were still there and the thief's lost obviously
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                            Have you played as a rat?

Because I have, and thieves are invisible to rats.

I know because I saw a fight between a guard and a thief.

The thief was invisible until the guard lit up a flare and revealed, then killed, the thief.
                            Yes, rats cannot see thieves when they are in shadow, but they can see them when they're lit up. If a thief is running along a bright corridor with no guards, a rat can still see him.

And yes, I did call a vote to kick Rad, but people just seem to love people who wreck games these days. :| People just don't seem to vote unless the guy has crashed the server twice already...

Comment

Must have been rats.

Comment

Working...
                              X