Mines and caltrops: damage should originate from the player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines and caltrops: damage should originate from the player

Mines and trops need to award the damage done to the player who placed them. Also, once they "know" who owns them, the death messages could be changed so that instead of "Thief has killed himself" we get "Guard's mine blows the living shit out of Thief" or "Thief has been spiked by Guard's caltrop".

Agreed!
    JM

Comment

i also agree.
      CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

{CTG} Softy Guildmaster
        Contact details updated
        I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I concur.
          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
          "Dream is Destiny"
          Waking Life

Comment

old noooooooz...but still a good idea.. And we also need to fix the BJing a guard with less than 5 drops is a Kill not a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
              old noooooooz...but still a good idea.. And we also need to fix the BJing a guard with less than 5 drops is a Kill not a KO.
              HAHA!

Kewlazme bludgend TheMachine to death with his blackjack....Kewl insists it was an accident.... he only gets manslaughter.
              ~TuF~

Comment

To get this thread on-topic again, I agree on the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
                  Mines and trops need to award the damage done to the player who placed them. Also, once they "know" who owns them, the death messages could be changed so that instead of "Thief has killed himself" we get "Guard's mine blows the living shit out of Thief" or "Thief has been spiked by Guard's caltrop".

(thats right, THREE emoticons, to REALLY prove that i agree!)

Comment

This should also apply to firebolt fire (with all fire belonging to the guy who shot the firebolt).

Comment

I believe that it already applies to firebolt flames.
                      As to the first idea, I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

no, i disagree. It should stay as it is, saying the wrong stuff.

Comment

I'm confused with this whole message system.

Do the guards know when another guard has been knocked out, or what?

Because if they do, it kind of defeats the thiefs purpose of stealth.

I noticed when you hit a certain button, a screen appears which tells you where your teamates are.

If a guard knows who's been knocked out, they can locate roughly where the thief is.

I don't like that idea.
                          "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                          even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                          of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                            I'm confused with this whole message system.

Do the guards know when another guard has been knocked out, or what?

Because if they do, it kind of defeats the thiefs purpose of stealth.

I noticed when you hit a certain button, a screen appears which tells you where your teamates are.

If a guard knows who's been knocked out, they can locate roughly where the thief is.

I don't like that idea.
                            it doesn't defeat the whole purpose of stealth.... if you're going for stealth then you wouldn't even think of KOing

but ya i think the 'kill' and 'ko' messeges should be taken out so it's more realist....anyway we can always press F1 to know who's left...but this would FORCE people to communicate more
                            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Good idea in theory, but with dead to live chat, people would just yell where they were blackjacked...

As for the mines etc. yay!!!
                              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X