Torch Hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torch Hack

Using the thin wall bug, you can relight torches in the next room.
    Kiech

Yes, that one got me once when I was in gerome's bathroom and guards kept lighting the torches from the outside by running past with flares & fire.
    ]V[]V[

Comment

Seems more like a bug and not a hack...

Possibly not even a bug either, because the flares and firebolts use a specified radius in which they can relight torches. To make walls block this radius will use up a lot of CPU power I think, or more CPU power than they'd like.

Maybe this is allready fixed in 1.3 when they fix the (thin) wallbug.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can also put out that torch in gerome from outside the room too...
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
          To make walls block this radius will use up a lot of CPU power I think, or more CPU power than they'd like.
          Actually it takes little more processing power than figuring out if a zero-hour projectile (IE UTs sniping rifle) hit an object (in fact, the process is very similar). I think the coding is the bad part though.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

A bigger part of this problem is with Firebolts. They can relight torches that are on the opposite side of a wall, and they can even start thieves on fire who are hiding behind the wall/door. Dunno if thats fixed in 1.3 yet.

Comment

Working...
            X