Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thievery 1.3 Bug List - Post your bugs here !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery 1.3 Bug List - Post your bugs here !

I know its still new but Im a Quality Assurance Engineer so my natural instinct is to try to break it and find bugs. So I have started this list, please add to it. I have played Bourgeious, warehouse, and the one in between... i found these bugs so far:

1) In All levels, opening doors will 70% of the time leave the door handle floating still, but as soon as you walk into it, it disappears, but then you will notice them appear and disappear as you run around. Screenie:

And another:

2) In Warehouse, I was running around playing and having fun and i ran into this invisible tree stump that doesn't seem to belong there. Screen Shot:

3) If you throw the Scouting Orb while moving...your character keeps moving while you are looking through the orb. I saw myself running by! scared the hell out of me since i was playing in a solo game. But this could be dangerous ...especially if your character starts running into a guard you are trying to watch. When your character does get hit, it cancels the scouting orb mode and returns you to real life, but it makes the scouting orb die so that you can't pick it up anymore. Kinda like if you die with a Dr Pepper can in your hand... the can dies too

You Quality Assurance guys...

OK I'll bite.

On Korman, me and at least one other person experienced some weird movement bug. I started stutter stepping or something after I crawled through a hole in one of the hedges. After a moving around in this fashion for a while, I suddenly warped back to the hole I was crawling through, and crawled out of it.

Naturally, I avoided crawling through that hole again... Screw the thieves! That hedgerow is cursed!
    TCO – Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

bug list..... not in the bugs forum................

moved.
      I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
        On Korman, me and at least one other person experienced some weird movement bug. I started stutter stepping or something after I crawled through a hole in one of the hedges. After a moving around in this fashion for a while, I suddenly warped back to the hole I was crawling through, and crawled out of it.
        This is a common 'bug', and not a Korman-only. It's been happening since the days of 1.0 as far as I can remember.

What happends is that when you go out from a vent/hole etc (somewhere you need to creep) and you don't hold the creep button until you're fully out of the hole - this will happen. It will seem like you're stutter stepping away, but you're actually still in the end of the hole. When you press the creep button again, you will respawn back at the hole.

I have no idea if this can be fixed or not. I'm having this problem often, but I'm familiar with it and know what to do if I begin to 'stutter step' - press the creep button.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
          Originally posted by SNAFU
          This is a common 'bug', and not a Korman-only. It's been happening since the days of 1.0 as far as I can remember.

What happends is that when you go out from a vent/hole etc (somewhere you need to creep) and you don't hold the creep button until you're fully out of the hole - this will happen. It will seem like you're stutter stepping away, but you're actually still in the end of the hole. When you press the creep button again, you will respawn back at the hole.

I have no idea if this can be fixed or not. I'm having this problem often, but I'm familiar with it and know what to do if I begin to 'stutter step' - press the creep button.
          AHHH! I've had this too! I put it down to Lag (being on 56k) great, now I know how to counter it! (/me Feels stupid)
          ~TuF~

Comment

What's creep?

You mean crouch?

Comment

Bug:

On Bourgeois, though this is probably replicable on all maps, if you kill one of the master boris' as a Guard with a crossbow bolt while he's asleep online, he'll spawn a live copy of himself a couple of minutes later..

bit strange that
              Red Guard
              Thievery UT

Comment

Originally posted by oRGy
                Bug:
                On Bourgeois, though this is probably replicable on all maps, if you kill one of the master boris' as a Guard with a crossbow bolt while he's asleep online, he'll spawn a live copy of himself a couple of minutes later..
                Huh, I didna think much about that live guard (you know how crazy some AI go), but I did think those guard textures didn't look quite right with all those weird colors. So it was just me then?
                ]V[]V[

Comment

In bourgeois, the textures are messed up indeed. It's like carnaval :/

Anyways, in thiefmatch i can not use my bought explosive arrow or my flare arrow. Somehow they are not in my invetory. I do pay the price to buy them. Thanks to this i can not play thiefmatch

I'll try to get a new install of tut and ut this evening.
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

ThieveryUT Beta 1.31, anyone?
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

There also seems to be some kind of water movement bug, similar to what SNAFU was describing, but in water. The movement gets all 'stuttery' and very slow. Quite lethal if you're beeing chased or swiming through an underwater passage. Leaving the water fixes it. Also note that I have never had this happen ever since I started playing TUT, but I'ts happened twice(!) today.

Comment

YES JOCKE! I got that today in theatre i tried exiting thru the crypt area down to the hole in the middle of the river on the thief side of the wall... and after i got off of the ladder from the crypt area i was stuttering.. moving very slowly... i slowly got back to the ladder and climbed back up and made sure that i was standing when i got off the ladder. I think it has some relation to crouching while on a ladder leading into water.

Comment

the bolt model appears to the left when you look up and down =\
                          *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
                          *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

I was just playing the new Korman online and had the following happen to me:

1. Human guard brings AI guard to upstairs rectory
                            2. I am crouched in shadows and as he gives orders with his back to me I KO human guard
                            3. AI suddenly disappears as I am opening a door and the SAME person I just KO'ed kills me from behind

This sort of thing never seemed to happen in 1.2. When respawning shouldn't a KO'ed guard possess the AI furthest from the place the KO took place? Let me know if I'm on crack or something.

Comment

Map bugs in Bourgeois:

Extra brush on stairs to attic

Clipping funkiness on Hanse's secret passage mover

Comment

Working...
                              X